My Walking Stick (Inspired by Leon Redbone)

lowstrung

Reaction score
There are a bunch of covers of this and some are REALLY good. Here is my version. I finally got a good mic and this was my first attempt at syncing video and audio.

My Walking Stick was written by Irving Berlin. Leon Redbone does a most wonderful version of it.

Enjoy!

Travis ;)

Last edited:
I learned this song several months ago, but I've forgotten it. I was listening to Leon Redbone the other day and thinking that I should try it again, even though I have a hard time with the vocals. I'll give it another go now! Great job, and fantastic whistling!

Nice job... Thanks for sharing.

I'm afraid to admit, I was in my late teens when This became Leon's hit on SNL back in the late 70's.... Somehow it does not feel like it was 30+ years ago!

Excellent. I agree, very impressive and great vocal and playing, whistling. Wow

Nice job... Thanks for sharing.

I'm afraid to admit, I was in my late teens when This became Leon's hit on SNL back in the late 70's.... Somehow it does not feel like it was 30+ years ago!

I was in 6th grade when my dad and I saw him on SNL for the first time (about 1976), and we both were really taken with him. He was such an anachronistic figure. I've always liked him since then, but it was just about a year ago when a High School friend mentioned him on FaceBook that I thought "Oh YEAHHHHH.... THAT guy!", and downloaded his first couple of albums from iTunes.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. @Chris : I just might be buying some more Redbone too.

Hi, Travis,

Thanks for posting that. Great cover.

BTW, what mike did you buy? I just returned a Blue Snowball mike because the gain was faulty/broken, which is why the audio in my videos was so low.

Top Bottom