Spammers

U

UUadmin

Sorry guys. Our site and forum have been growing so rapidly, some spammer(s) thought it would be a good idea to spam our forums. I'm trying to figure out how to cut down without making it a pain for you guys to post.

If you see any spam posts, please do not click on the thread and just notify one of the mods.

I'll let you guys know what we end up doing.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

I'm not sure how bad the problem is on this forum but, on another forum where I'm an admin, we installed a subroutine that required the registrant to answer a simple question like "What is the main subject of this bulletin board?". After that was installed (about a 18 months after the board had been active), the number of spammer registrants dropped to nearly zero. :eek: I haven't had to kick out any spammers for months now. Needless to say, all the admins and mods are a happy bunch! :D

Prior to that we had tried other spammer deterrents like email confirmation and "identify these garbled alphanumeric characters" to no avail.

For UU, the question would be, "What is the instrument that we discuss in this forum?".

PM spam.

If you are receiving PM spam please let me know. I'll take care of it.

Thanks.

mmmm... spam.

sometimes, I just feel like eating spam, rice and corn. comfort food.

On my car club forums we have to have our administers go on every morning and remove it.almost every night we get like 10 posts with usually p*** site stuff. to my understanding, that all that you can really do.

But if i see ill report it for sure.

Howlie Boy

hey guys, theres been a lot of spammers (just recently about 4-5) and if you see them remember to report them, or PM a Mod or Ryan and we will get rid of them.

thanks guys!

Top Bottom