PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Kanilea / Koaloha Tenor w/pickup.

AncientMatingCalls
01-04-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm in the market for a new tenor uke. I'll be receiving some funds by the end of next week and when I do, ill be looking to buy.

I'm just looking for a Kanilea with UV finish.

I'd like an active pick up, but if you have a uke to offer without one please let me know. I can always have one installed myself.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

AncientMatingCalls
01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
A little bump. Forget about the Koaloha, just looking for a Kanilea with UV finish. Pick up not required but still preferred.

Joshypogi
01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
A little bump. Forget about the Koaloha, just looking for a Kanilea with UV finish. Pick up not required.
Aloha,

Are you looking for a 4 string or 6 string?

AncientMatingCalls
01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
4 string. I'm afraid you asked that because you possibly know of a kanilea that I could buy, but its a 6 string. Am I right?

bonesigh
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Hey, I've got one of those! cnkguitarsandukes told me you were looking for one. Mine is in perfect condition, like new. The only reason for the sale is that I was talked into getting a tenor to be my super good uke but when it arrived I just could not get used to how big it was. I'm a concert girl. It's been in it's case ever since. I was just going to put it up on UU. I have a video made. Check it out, let me know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOmG_OIaQx4&list=UUtvw_jkcOb--odK8_2JYyvw&index=1&feature=plcp

AncientMatingCalls
01-06-2012, 05:23 PM
It's gorgeous, I've pm'd you.

CoLmes
01-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Some ukes just find there way with who they're meant to be with. Awesome for you both

fabioponta
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Itīs an amazing gloss finish tenor Kanilea. Good luck for both!

AncientMatingCalls
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
It is beautiful. I hope we can work something out. Fabio, I noticed you sold your Kanilea. The Koaloha edge it out for you?

fabioponta
01-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Kanilea and Koaloha tenors are very close to me. Koaloha tenor has a little better tone, and Kanilea has a very nice sensation to play. The Kanilea tenor really fits in my hands... I was very sad to sell my kanilea to pay unexpected expenses in the end of year. I kept Koaloha to stay with the team complete (soprano, concert and tenor). I also plan to buy another Kanilea tenor satin or UV finish still in 2012.
Now, for soprano and concert size, Koaloha is unbeatable.

AncientMatingCalls
01-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Sorry to hear that buddy. That Koaloha must have a mean bark eh? I'm sure its one hell of an instrument as well.

fabioponta
01-07-2012, 09:05 AM
AncientMatingCalls, Koalohas have amazing Koa tone. But the Kanilea TRU system gives something special loud sound on the tenor K-1... Good luck with your new!
I think I still prefer the satin finish when I buy another... beacuse of the sensation on the neck.