Happy family member!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Look what made it into the family today. Does this uke look happy or what? I cannot wait to take it out. It is sure to put a smile on anyones face. I got it off amazon the other day for $30, and that was with free shipping! It was like they were giving them away!

photo.jpg

Too cute. On a side note, I was wondering if you would share a bigger picture of how you are hanging your ukuleles. I am trying to figure out what to do with mine and I was just wondering if you would share. Thanks.

sure. I used a shoe lace tied in a loop and just hooked the tuners on it. Here is the soprano section :)

photo.jpg

$30? thats it? :iwant:

actualy I have been practicing drawing faces and expressions on my ukes in preparation for a new series of videos, with lots of fun and humor. I am putting togther a cast of ukulele characters and will be starting the story board phase soon. Ive got several stories for episodes, and a theme song already hee hee I just need to shoot the pilot episode.

Here is the star of the show - I named him Tuke the Magical Uke

tukesml.jpg

question, I am asuming the eyes are the sound holes on your uke? I could use one of these guys for an episode. I have a feelign everytime Tuke is in a depressive mood this guy might show up and bother him haha :D

that's funny. I am looking forward to seeing the story. Yes the eyes are the sound holes. It really has a nice little sound to it.

I have always been a huge fan of the classic "smiley face". I am now diggin that paint job. I think I have a new item on my "ta-do" list.. ;)

Not to thread-jack, but this one showed up at my house today as well:

001-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

What a co-winky-dink! Mahalo! :shaka:

Now THOSE are really cute!!! Is the SMILE drawn on or part of the 'cut out'?

GOod Buy!!

Roberta

Not to thread-jack, but this one showed up at my house today as well:

001-4.jpg

What a co-winky-dink! Mahalo! :shaka:

what a coco winky din, I bought that ukulele book for my duaghter :) the happiest book about the happiest instrument to go with the happiest uke haha

well I broke down and just ordered one :eek: even though I realy realy shouldnt be spending the money but at $26 on amazon now I just couldnt resist 'ol smiley.
I just sold another guitar to pay medical bills so I guess I can spend a bit of that and credit the purchase as being a perscription for stress relief and as an antidepressant ;)
besides I already have the idea in my head for several story lines for him haha hopefuly by spring if I get time after everything else.

thanks for the posts and inspiration all! when it comes to UAS you UU folks are real enablers! haha!! :p

Last edited:
I was going to say if people still wanted it, it looks like they're still out there on different websites. Guitar Center was one and it had other finishes as well.

quick question on that, if I'm a concert uke player, and I got a soprano, would you play it the same way and it would just sound slightly different?

just curious.

Play it the same way. It just sounds a bit different. Obviously you do not have the same amount of frets. I think it is a conspiracy to get us to buy more ukes! (yahoo!)

Aloha rem50,
Thanks to you, I order one last night to give to my daughter.
While talking to mmStan, he suggested I paint a smile on my Mele Double Puka Ukulele,LMAO, but no chance.
Mahalo for the post.........................BO......................

Top Bottom