Recorded a wee ditty I wrote and accompanied it was a storyboard

Leodhas

Reaction score
Decided to do something semi-productive this evening, so I came up with the following, I would like to stress the accompanying storyboard to the song is in no way related to my recent break-up of 2/3 months ago, just a wee bit of fun.

There are a couple of cuss words in the storyboard, just to give a heads up as I know some folks can be offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIc0tIbLjd4

Another excellent original, Leodhas..... had to watch it twice, too busy reading the first time to really listen. It's a great tune - nice changes, good melody, well played and sung.... and I dig Kirsty's eye patch..... off to the pub myself, now.....

That was well doss like!

Sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about, was going for a laugh

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_Scottish_slang_and_jargon

states: "doss - brilliant, good. ("that chicken soup was doss like!")"

Not Dross, mind you. I'll have to dig out the Irvine Welsh novels and refresh my Scottish slang.
cheers!

I'm with you now man, but doss means crap or rubbish. Also you can use it as in 'I'm going on the doss' meaning I'm going to do nothing. Say if you miss a day at work, you could say ' I was on the doss'.

You get Leith/Edinburgh Slang (east coast of Scotland) in the Irvine Welsh books (I'm from Leith and it isn't the aids and heroin ridden midden it once was, there's been a lot of money thrown at Leith in the past 10/15 years, a lot of rejuvenation, I'd even go as far as to say some parts are trendy now) which varys from other parts of Scotland.

God bless ye man fer haein a go.

PS I was just looking at your link there and I may be wrong, but I'm guessing it may be a typo or it wasn't done by a Scot because I think they meant to put 'boss' not 'doss' as boss is used as a word to mean good. Also, I don't want to give the wrong impression of Leith, as if it's now some sunny paradise as it still has it's less than desirable elements and can still be a violent place. There's still many a jakey (tramp/wino/junky) walking around. Nevertheless, it's much better than it once was.

Top Bottom