Kanile'a K4 BAritone-Stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinboy

Reaction score
Custom made Kanile'a K4 Baritone Uke handcrafted by Joe Souza. It is a work of art with beautiful tone and factory installed pickup. The pictures do not do it justice! The following are key points:
1. Excellent condition, few minor bumps from being played regularly , hard to find. Coul not get them to show in the pictures.
2. Always humidified and stored in the factory case.
3. Price to reproduce this beautiful instrument is $3,000+.
4. Many custom touches as you can see in the pictures.
I welcome inquiries by phone or email. I am asking $1,750 and will ship in the USA and will take PayPal.

I am selling to convert back to Tenor Uke and will order one of Joe Souza'a Super Tenors with the proceeds!Kanile'a K4 Baritone Uke 005.jpgKanile'a K4 Baritone Uke 006.jpgKanile'a K4 Baritone Uke 003.jpgKanile'a K4 Baritone Uke 012.JPG

Spectacular. Not in the market for a high end Bari at this point, but have to comment as that's the only other blue label Kanile'a I've seen apart from my humble K1 Tenor from Sept 2006. Does it have UV finish? Does it have TRU bracing? Build date? What does the headstock logo look like?
Mine has UV finish, standard bracing, and a gothic typeface "Kanile'a" decal. I'm just curious from a historical point of view.
Also you will be asked to provide a photo of the instrument with the date and your UU user name, per the marketplace rules...best,

Every time I think I've talked myself out of playing a bari, along comes something exquisite to make me reconsider.

Ooof - that is just gorgeous. I have a soft spot for pretty baris! I ordered another uke today though so I'm out of the market :( Good price for a very nice uke though!

WOW.......what a BEAUTY!!!!!! I don't play baritones but.........WOW!!!!!
Good luck selling it

Does this have the Tru-Bracing?? Can you show the head stock?? How does she sound... is there a sound clip somewhere? cheers & thanks Dianne
You said contact via phone or email... but none are listed... please get back as I am considering another and need to decide soon... thanks again...D

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses! I am running out for an appointment but will answer more completly tonight and include more pictures. Build date is August 2006 and it has UV finish. This was built shortly after Joe started working with the Taylor UV process. Nice mellow sound with amazing sustain! Sounded great when new and has just gotten better! I think the headstock is more attractive than the newer designs. More pics tonight!
Jerry

I am back and have more pictures, as requested! These include detail shots of the Paua Mother of Pearl inner purfling around the sound board; Mango binding on front and back; Double course Paua Mother of Pearl Mango Wood Inlay Rosette ($125 extra!) and the beautiful inlaid Kanile'a in the headstock.. I have the original order sheets and you will see I bought this on a price guarantee from Joe AFTER he had a price hike. (Joe Souza is a stand-up guy!) I m happy to talk to serious buyers!
JerryKanile'a K4 Baritone Uke 003.jpgKanile'a K4 Baritone Uke 008.jpgKanile'a K4 Baritone Uke 010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom