Mainland Waiting Thread

modern day ukuleleist

Reaction score
Is anyone else here waiting for Mainland's to come back in stock?

I haven't heard anything about them lately and I don't want to keep bothering them since I'm sure they're probably getting a ton of emails asking when they'll arrive.

I'm anxious because this will be the first worthwhile instrument I've purchased and I've been saving money for months (poor college student so anything over $200 is quite a lot to me).

Just figured I'd post this for people to discuss which size/type of Mainland Uke they're waiting to purchase, or for people who already own one to make recommendations.

Same here, been waiting for Mahogany Tenors with slotted headstock to be available. :)

i waited for about 3 months before they were in stock and seriously considered other ukes, but patience prevailed and eventually it arrived, i have had some problems with it but nothing major, but this uke sounds so god damn sweet its awesome, but will buy my next mainland from Mike, any other make i will buy from Mim her service and set up are second to none and her delivery times are outstanding also, from north carolina to Wales UK less than 10 days, she made my christmas so special this year when my eleuke appeared on christmas eve, she is a ukulele angel sent from above

I got an email from Mike a few days ago that stock on a lot of things is coming in soon. Patience should be paying off shortly.

I expect the mangos and alot of the mahoganys in about a week, the cedars and slotted-heads a couple weeks later. We will finally have some long neck pineapples again and maybe a few surprises. Sorry for the wait everybody, we are doing our best to keep up with demand.

I got a kala acacia tenor but still use my mainland 90% of the time. I love it with all my heart.

I just sold my Mainland Soprano because I'm more into tenors, but I recommend them to everyone that asks me what to buy.

Funny - I actually just called them two days ago, and Tookta said they should be getting some in 10 days or so.

It seems I've been checking the site for a couple of months. Christmas came and I was thinking about getting one, but still no stock. I'm in no rush though, and don't know for sure if I'm going to get one anyway.

I was worried for them though. I can't imagine being in that sort of business and having no stock for the busiest shopping season of the year.

Jason

I was worried for them though. I can't imagine being in that sort of business and having no stock for the busiest shopping season of the year.

Jason

On the bright side(for me anyways), when we are sold out it's the only time I get a break.

Last edited:
I expect the mangos and alot of the mahoganys in about a week, the cedars and slotted-heads a couple weeks later. We will finally have some long neck pineapples again and maybe a few surprises. Sorry for the wait everybody, we are doing our best to keep up with demand.

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the update.

split on whether I should get a strap button installed

any chance it loosens or affects the sound of the uke over a long time?

It's worth the wait! I have a soprano cedar pineapple and I love it so. It's one of the ukes I play the most.

I'm waiting for one of the mahogany concert ukes. It will be my first 'real' ukulele and my first all solid wood instrument!

On a side note, friction or geared tuners? I've heard a few people say geared (my preferred choice) are slightly heavier than friction tuners and might be unbalanced on a soprano uke. Should be fine on a concert, though, right?

Looks like some of the ukes are in stock now. :D

I decided against the strap/strap button at the last minute.

I got an email from Mike today that he has just got some back in stock. I was able to order a Mainland Red Cedar Tenor from the website this morning. Yay!!

Top Bottom