PDA

View Full Version : Mainland Waiting Thread

modern day ukuleleist
01-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Is anyone else here waiting for Mainland's to come back in stock?

I haven't heard anything about them lately and I don't want to keep bothering them since I'm sure they're probably getting a ton of emails asking when they'll arrive.

I'm anxious because this will be the first worthwhile instrument I've purchased and I've been saving money for months (poor college student so anything over $200 is quite a lot to me).

Just figured I'd post this for people to discuss which size/type of Mainland Uke they're waiting to purchase, or for people who already own one to make recommendations.

Tantal
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Same here, been waiting for Mahogany Tenors with slotted headstock to be available. :)

kaizersoza
01-04-2012, 05:14 PM
i waited for about 3 months before they were in stock and seriously considered other ukes, but patience prevailed and eventually it arrived, i have had some problems with it but nothing major, but this uke sounds so god damn sweet its awesome, but will buy my next mainland from Mike, any other make i will buy from Mim her service and set up are second to none and her delivery times are outstanding also, from north carolina to Wales UK less than 10 days, she made my christmas so special this year when my eleuke appeared on christmas eve, she is a ukulele angel sent from above

mattydee
01-04-2012, 05:52 PM
I got an email from Mike a few days ago that stock on a lot of things is coming in soon. Patience should be paying off shortly.

hoosierhiver
01-05-2012, 03:32 AM
I expect the mangos and alot of the mahoganys in about a week, the cedars and slotted-heads a couple weeks later. We will finally have some long neck pineapples again and maybe a few surprises. Sorry for the wait everybody, we are doing our best to keep up with demand.

Uke Republic
01-05-2012, 05:09 AM
They are worth the wait. Looking forward to the new "surprises" :)

raecarter
01-05-2012, 05:23 AM
I got a kala acacia tenor but still use my mainland 90% of the time. I love it with all my heart.

byjimini
01-05-2012, 05:33 AM
I just sold my Mainland Soprano because I'm more into tenors, but I recommend them to everyone that asks me what to buy.

Jason Paul
01-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Funny - I actually just called them two days ago, and Tookta said they should be getting some in 10 days or so.

It seems I've been checking the site for a couple of months. Christmas came and I was thinking about getting one, but still no stock. I'm in no rush though, and don't know for sure if I'm going to get one anyway.

I was worried for them though. I can't imagine being in that sort of business and having no stock for the busiest shopping season of the year.

Jason

Gmoney
01-06-2012, 07:47 AM
They are worth the wait. Looking forward to the new "surprises" :)

Ditto! I need another Mainland!

hoosierhiver
01-06-2012, 07:58 AM

I was worried for them though. I can't imagine being in that sort of business and having no stock for the busiest shopping season of the year.

Jason

On the bright side(for me anyways), when we are sold out it's the only time I get a break.

modern day ukuleleist
01-07-2012, 07:52 AM
I expect the mangos and alot of the mahoganys in about a week, the cedars and slotted-heads a couple weeks later. We will finally have some long neck pineapples again and maybe a few surprises. Sorry for the wait everybody, we are doing our best to keep up with demand.

Awesome, thanks a bunch for the update.

Jason Paul
01-07-2012, 05:50 PM
On the bright side(for me anyways), when we are sold out it's the only time I get a break.

I'll bet!

Jason

modern day ukuleleist
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
split on whether I should get a strap button installed

any chance it loosens or affects the sound of the uke over a long time?

Gmoney
01-10-2012, 04:51 AM
I saw this great deal on a Mainland Red Cedar Concert on eBay - ends today. This is the next Mainland that I want... can't buy now though, got another uke coming this week.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180788881499?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Go for it! Please... don't make me click "Buy it now"!

JT of PA
01-10-2012, 11:34 AM

tigersister
01-10-2012, 02:08 PM
It's worth the wait! I have a soprano cedar pineapple and I love it so. It's one of the ukes I play the most.

BioSim
01-11-2012, 04:40 AM
I'm waiting for one of the mahogany concert ukes. It will be my first 'real' ukulele and my first all solid wood instrument!

On a side note, friction or geared tuners? I've heard a few people say geared (my preferred choice) are slightly heavier than friction tuners and might be unbalanced on a soprano uke. Should be fine on a concert, though, right?

modern day ukuleleist
01-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Looks like some of the ukes are in stock now. :D

I decided against the strap/strap button at the last minute.

reneesarah
01-15-2012, 01:17 PM
I got an email from Mike today that he has just got some back in stock. I was able to order a Mainland Red Cedar Tenor from the website this morning. Yay!!

modern day ukuleleist
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2us7ndk.png

I hate having this shipped.

kaizersoza
01-16-2012, 03:16 PM
I got an email from Mike today that he has just got some back in stock. I was able to order a Mainland Red Cedar Tenor from the website this morning. Yay!!

you will love it reneesarah, it is a beautiful sounding instrument and it looks absolutely stunning

kaizersoza
01-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Looks like some of the ukes are in stock now. :D

I decided against the strap/strap button at the last minute.

got one of Lori's ukeleashes on mine works like a dream

BioSim
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm having the same problem. I want to place an order for a classic mahogany tenor or concert (haven't yet decided) but it's hovering in the 60s-40s down here in Alabama not to mention how cold it is in Nashville, IN. I'm contemplating waiting a couple months but the wait will probably kill me...

dvep
01-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm waiting for my Mahogany concert! I, too, heard that they should be arriving soon.

While on the subject of Mainlands, you know what I would love? A slotted cedar concert. I'm feeling that my UAS is satisfied now that I have the mahogany and an Ohana ck-75cg on the way, but if a slotted cedar were to appear I would have to make some plans...

modern day ukuleleist
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
In Transit: On Time

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 01/20/2012, By End of Day

:drool:

Gwynedd
01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Really? I've heard nothing yet on my tenor. I'm starting to have dreams at night about playing it. Sick...

modern day ukuleleist
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
i think i might have been one of the first people to fill out an order when they listed them as in stock

i'm sure they have a ton of orders coming in, sorry for everyone else who has to wait!

hoosierhiver
01-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Most back orders have been filled, the remainders will go out early next week when we get back from NAMM. Thanks for the patience everybody.

JT of PA
01-20-2012, 06:35 AM

reneesarah
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
It's been around a week since I ordered a Red Cedar Tenor, and for days it said Mainland was "processing" the payment on my online debt card statements, and then the listing from Mainland just dropped off. I have sent Mike a couple of friendly emails but not getting any answers. I know my card is good... so....? Very sad. I am hoping things are ok with Mike and crew and that eventually I will be able to play a Red Cedar Tenor. :-)

modern day ukuleleist
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
just received my mahogany tenor!

it is fantastic, can't put it down it's glued to my hands

probably the best birthday present i've gotten!

i'll post pictures tomorrow (not that they haven't been posted already by the hundreds of other people i've seen post about how they love mainlands)

Drew Bear
01-20-2012, 02:48 PM
It's been around a week since I ordered a Red Cedar Tenor...I am hoping things are ok with Mike and crew and that eventually I will be able to play a Red Cedar Tenor. :-)They're probably at NAMM. I'd give them a little more time. I have limited experience with online uke orders, but it took a few working days for the uke to go through the setup process (probably a queue) and a few more days transit time. So roughly two weeks. You caught them at a time when a new shipment arrived and then they had to fly out to California for this convention.

reneesarah
01-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks Drew Bear! That sounds like a likely explanation! I am totally willing to wait. Thank you.

dvep
01-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Ahhh, the anticipation! I know it shouldn't be too long now but I can't wait for mine to come in. :)

Shastastan
01-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Ah, the virtue of patience--pretty much skipped over me. I ordered my mahogany pineapple the 1st week in August. I had waited the last time for a mahogany tenor and was ready to forget it, but they happened to have a cutaway tenor that I got last summer. I admit I did waiver a couple of times but I got temporary satisfaction by getting a Flea with a tenor neck on sale from Elderly w/free shipping. I was just going to keep it around for our club, but I like it too much to share. Mike has shipped my pineapple and it will be here Monday night. The quality of Mainlands for the price is fantastic! If it is not a keeper, I'm sure that I can resell it for what I paid for it and maybe even more. I'm pretty sure that I'll be keeping it though. I'll have to see how the sound range compares with the tenor.

paeataa
01-30-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm too waiting for red cedar concerts to be available again.

waiting very p a t i e n t l y :D

itsscottwilder
01-30-2012, 05:19 AM
Does Mainland bring some Ukes to the UWC for people to try and buy?

Mandarb
01-30-2012, 06:07 AM

UWC is hosted by Mike at Mainland. His shop is in Nashville, IN (not too far from the UWC grounds) and his ukes are available to try and buy.

OldePhart
01-30-2012, 06:19 AM

Mike's shop is a few miles from the field and they usually have it open in the mornings and early afternoons during UWC so we can visit our uke Mecca. :)

I passed up one cute little Gecko with a passive pickup 'cause I figured I didn't really need it - then kicked myself all the way home. LOL

John

Shastastan
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
It's Christmas again! Got my Mainland tenor neck mahogany pineapple today. This is a great quality instrument with excellent intonation and resonance. Also got a hard case with it. I just love the ringing sustained tone. I waited just a few days shy of 6 months and I'm glad I did. I'm a satisfied customer with a very nice uke for a reasonable price.