F/S: '30s Bruno "The Vernon" Tiple

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac987

Reaction score
1549da56382311e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

College textbooks are very expensive, and my family's facing somewhat hard times right now... Nothing too major, but I still want to help out. To top it off, I got into playing 5-string banjo a few months ago and I really love it. I have a vintage one now and I hope to get a luthier-built one sometime in the future.

This is an extremely reluctant sale. This tiple is really cool. It sounds awesome and exactly like you would expect a well-made tiple to sound. It was one of my "dream ukes", if you will. It has a solid spruce top, and solid CURLY mahogany back and sides. my pictures don't do the back and sides much justice at all. Think of curly koa in mahogany form :)

A previous owner had an incident with the tiple in which a portion of the back caved in a bit. My luthier patched that right up, and you can hardly tell it happened. He also re-glued the bridge, which was coming loose. It is now ready for another 92 years of play. From afar, you couldn't notice the back fix. I hope the pictures do it justice. There are also the occasional bumps and nicks you find on an instrument of this age, but altogether this instrument is in phenomenal condition for its age. The nut is shimmed for higher action. You could replace the nut if you wanted to fix this problem altogether. It also seems as if someone lightly scratched their initials into the back of the headstock. I could hardly see it. His initials are "MAN".... Guess that works for any guy!

Vintage tiples tend to have problems with their necks and their bridges. My tiple's neck is solid as a rock and straight as an arrow. The bridge has been recently re-glued, making it stronger and far more solid. I don't foresee any problems for the next 90 years, if you take care of it well! Also, it seems as if there is a crack by the bridge, but this is not true. It's just part of the spruce grain pattern. All is well. :)

This tiple comes with a super high-quality, top of the line Cedar Creek custom case. It fits the instrument perfectly, so you have no worries when traveling with it or its trip during shipping.

$600 CONUS. Don't be afraid to message me with an offer.

Here's the photo gallery.
http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/yy208/zackyzac987/20s to 30s Bruno The Vernon Tiple/

Last edited:
Now at $650 with shipping. This is a great little tiple, with a really well aged solid spruce top. If anyone wants a video, let me know.

If you're interested in trading for a high quality soprano let me know. :)

Otherwise good luck!

A couple more pictures would be nice :) If we can see the back & sides, as well as a shot of the neck from the bridge and vice-versa.

I unfortunately can't take any pictures until Thursday night! The tiple (along with all my other instruments except my banjo) is at my parents house currently. I'm in my college apartment right now for second semester and I didn't have time to lug all my instruments back with me. I'll take all the detail shots you want then! :)

Now at $600 CONUS. I'll ship anywhere though, just work the details out with me if you're not from the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom