Song recommendations: For while watching sunrises and sunsets on Maui

Canoe Lady

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm heading back to Maui in a few weeks, and one of my favorite things is relaxing on the lanai while watching the lighting change with the dawn and dusk over the islands.
I would love some recommendations of sweet mellow songs to strum and hum quietly while soaking up the beauty of these magical moments in each day.
Thanks in advance :)

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
&
Tequila Sunrise
come to mind

Aloha Part Time Maui Gal...just some songs...not sure if they have anything to do with sunsets and sunrises....
Maui Waltz
Hanalei Moon
Maui Hawaiian Suppa Man
Maui Girl
Aloha Ia No O Maui
Hanohano Hanalei
Lahainaluna
The Hasegawe General Store
Maui Boy
http://www.huapala.org/Mau/Maui_Nani_E.html

Last edited:
I'll add "Blue Hawaii" and Kiali'i Raichel's "Kauanoeanuhea" to the list.

Just "It's a Wonderful World". (It seemed perfect in Key West, why not in Maui?)

White Sandy Beach , and Blue Hawaii .

Don't know if you're into this stuff but it seems appropriate.

This progression is amazingly fun too.

Another appropriate song:

and of course... some Jack.

if you need any help with the chords let me know. The Justin James and Jack Johnson songs have tutorials on the UU front page.

Go on to Ukulele Mike's site and download his Kona Sunrise tabs. I did before leaving for the Big Island a few weeks back.

Do you ever make it down to your friends place on Lake Camelot?

Dan

Thanks for the great ideas! Some of these I know and some I can't wait to learn. Keep em coming.

Do you ever make it down to your friends place on Lake Camelot?
Dan

Nope, didn't get to Camelot this year. Thanks for asking. Summer was too busy with company here in the Nort. Supposed to be heading down that way in March to meet up with some friends from the southern part of the state though.

White Sandy Beach , and Blue Hawaii .

These would be very good.....when in Maui, I do the same thing as you and I always play these two. Also Hanilei Moon is also in the mix.
Have a GREAT trip to Maui....Maui no ka oi!!!!!!!!

Since Pekelo (Peter Cosma) just passed away recently, "Koali" has taken on a brand new feeling when we perform it. Funny, Ramon normally does Gabby's songs the way Gabby does it, but he (we) always do Pekelo's version of Koali.

Do you have a link to your (Pekelo's) version?

Oh, I found one. Awesome.

Last edited:
Since Pekelo (Peter Cosma) just passed away recently, "Koali" has taken on a brand new feeling when we perform it. Funny, Ramon normally does Gabby's songs the way Gabby does it, but he (we) always do Pekelo's version of Koali.

Mahalos Aaron for da info . . . I nevah no Pekelo wen pass away. anodda talent abruptly taken from the 808 talent pool.

Top Bottom