Thinking of You (Loggins and Messina cover)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

Great song from Loggins and Messina's second album, that also included "Your Mama Don't Dance" and "Angry Eyes." The song peaked at #16 on the charts in 1972, but is one of my favorite songs by them. Hope you like my rendition!

Last edited:
Oh Brah, I found dat song da odda day and just brought back some good memories from back home . . . cruisin Waikiki wen was two way. And Hotel St . . . Remembah da Glades? One big Mahalo, John . . .

Thanks, Carlton! Mahalo, Kanaka! I remember cruising past the Glades and searching for Morgan's Corner. Fun times...

Oh, reply to your post on YT about da Stadium and Civic Auditorium . . .

image019.jpg

Stadium.jpg

Sears.jpg

Mahalo, Camsuke! Great photos, Kanaka916! I couldn't place the third one, though. Where is that? I remember the stories about the haunted girls bathroom at Waialae Drive In.

Mahalo, Camsuke! Great photos, Kanaka916! I couldn't place the third one, though. Where is that? I remember the stories about the haunted girls bathroom at Waialae Drive In.

That was the first Sears & Roebuck store on Beretania which later became HPD when they relocated to Ala Mo . . . The street at the bottom right is South King and Beretania is at the top whea the Temple stay. Da two story building on da corner across from the temple, dat street is Kalakaua Ave and take you straight to into Waikiki. The street in the middle is Young St.

Last edited:
Very nice, John.

I looked at the video title, and thought,"Huh? I don't remember a song by that name..."

And then you started playing - oh yeah, I remember it. Was that on the "Sitting In" album?

Now, I've got to start practicing "Danny's Song", which I haven't played for more than 25 years....

Thanks for giving me a target to shoot for.

-Kurt​

Actually it was the '72 album "Loggins and Messina" and also on the '77 "Best of Friends" album.

LogginsandMessina.jpg

Thanks, Sebastien! Thanks, Kurt! Danny's Song... great song! Look forward to your rendition! Sittin' In was another great album. Kanaka, ahh, I recognize the place now! Remember when the Blaisdell Arena was called HIC? I think it was HIC... I can't remember what the letter stood for.

Thanks, Sebastien! Thanks, Kurt! Danny's Song... great song! Look forward to your rendition! Sittin' In was another great album. Kanaka, ahh, I recognize the place now! Remember when the Blaisdell Arena was called HIC? I think it was HIC... I can't remember what the letter stood for.

Honolulu International Center

Thanks, Bill! Thanks, Kanaka! That's what I thought but I wasn't sure!

Top Bottom