Pono Comparison Video

mycdavid

Reaction score
Here is a little video I made for myself to see/hear the difference between two solid mahogany Pono tenors. The lighter Pono is new and has the truss rod. It is also a delux version so it is gloss finished. The darker Pono is made without a trust rod so I assume it is when HMS was still in Kaneohe. It is a satin finish and has a pick up. Just thought others would like to see if there is any difference they can hear...

Brah, Mahalo for doing these video comparisons, both the Pono and the Kanile`a. These are great for people like me who are on the verge of
'buying up' and can't try out an instrument before purchase. BTW, I really like the sound of the Kanile`a T-1 and the new Pono solid mahogany. I'm a newbie, so you've shown me the magic lots of practice and talent can bring out in an `ukulele! Thanks!

I just ordered a Pono MT the other day from HMS. Thanks for the video. Now I just need to learn to play as well as you. :)

Wow, excellent editing...an awesome way to do a uke comparison!

Mahalo for looking at the vids. Glad it has helped some of you out. Recordings do help, but before dropping money, whether it is $100 or $1000, I suggest you actually put your hands on it.

But if you have any questions on these ukes, let me know. I cannot hold a candle to many people on this site, they play superbly, but if I can be of any assistance I would be more than willing to answer questions.

Happy strumming!!!

Top Bottom