Ukulele heavan!!!

gyrocapt

Reaction score
Ok, i might need an intervention here. I got my ukulele for christmas and i cant put it down. My poor guitars are fealing neglected. I think i'm addicted, HELP!!!!

Toss those old six-string monstrosities. You've got more important things to do.

I agree. When you get tired of dusting them off, guitars make great firewood! (JK)

You are discovering the dark side of ukuleles Sir ! I was warned, did I listen ? No sir, no I did not and now thousands worth of guitars stand in their cases in the corner of a room, only for one or two that occasional see light due to professional engagements !

Now I sit sir, every night with my Instrument crack in hand strumming away, chasing the uke Sir is a life long addiction that can't be broken !

Do you not know why George Harrison wrote ' While My Guitar Gentle Weeps ' ? It's because he got hooked on the sunshine Sir, that's why ! It breaks my bloody heart so it does !

Will the torment of this four stringed heroin every leave my veins ?

They'll tell you it's fun and jolly, but they won't tell you that six months down the road you'll be slapping your arm up ready for a ' Uke Hug ' as I now call it because you almost have to hug a uke, especially a soprano, to play it !

You're doomed !

The Esteban guitars actually do make great firewood, or boat paddles.... And that's about it.

As for regular guitars, my classical guitar comes first. When I got back into classical I put a wish list on my iPod of 10 great classical pieces, and I'm happy to say 4 years later I've learned 8 of those well enough to perform and am working on the 9th, which is Stanley Myers' Cavatina!

So before I play uke I make sure to put in a good hour on guitar first. I've worked and love it to much to neglect it now. Plusthe Uke is the perfect balance to something as serious as Classical guitar.

I agree. When you get tired of dusting them off, guitars make great firewood! (JK)

Oh no, don't say that, i've already got my eyes on another one..........

I have one of those things too. I am asking myself why. Those guitars are overkill!

I own one of each and play them both equally as much. I love the sounds of both too much to give any of them up. Whichever one I day dream about when I am at work is the one that get's the love that night. We have two acoustic guitars and two ukulele's in our home. But only one of each are mine. My son has a uke and the wife has the other acoustic. The sounds of a high level uke and a high level acoustic guitar are much too beautiful to choose just one. Martin Mahogany 00015sm and Kamaka HF3 Tenor are all mine.:)

You are discovering the dark side of ukuleles Sir ! I was warned, did I listen ? No sir, no I did not and now thousands worth of guitars stand in their cases in the corner of a room, only for one or two that occasional see light due to professional engagements !

Now I sit sir, every night with my Instrument crack in hand strumming away, chasing the uke Sir is a life long addiction that can't be broken !

Do you not know why George Harrison wrote ' While My Guitar Gentle Weeps ' ? It's because he got hooked on the sunshine Sir, that's why ! It breaks my bloody heart so it does !

Will the torment of this four stringed heroin every leave my veins ?

They'll tell you it's fun and jolly, but they won't tell you that six months down the road you'll be slapping your arm up ready for a ' Uke Hug ' as I now call it because you almost have to hug a uke, especially a soprano, to play it !

You're doomed !

I was having a crap day until I read this. Thanks!

Top Bottom