A New Song/Video - 2 Ukes, Band-in-a-Box, 3 Tracks

garywj

Reaction score
This one was a little work - but lots of fun. I arranged the music in Band-in-a-Box and played along with it (in ear monitor) to create the rhythm and then the picking track. Then I put them together. I worked on the song for about a month, practiced the picking track for a couple of days, and put it together, including the computer work yesterday.

On my first 2-track video I didn't think it through. On this one I was able to give it more thought and I like the outcome a little better. Thanks for all the videos posted here and the comments on my past videos that have helped me with the process. Blessings....

PS - Rhythm track uke is a Moore Betthah (Lizard on headstock) and picking track is a Collings UT-3.

Last edited:
Hi Gary. Good job. You're getting better all the time with those videos. I wish I had video capabilities.

One thing I noticed, you might want to check the gain staging on your vocal mic. There were a few spots where I thought I heard some slight distortion. Could be tube saturation on the pre-amp or some other kind of limiting. A few examples:

beyond @ :52
soul @ 1:03
beyond the grief @ 2:03-2:05
And a couple more words toward the end, Keep up the good work.

Bill

Hi Gary. Good job. You're getting better all the time with those videos. I wish I had video capabilities.

One thing I noticed, you might want to check the gain staging on your vocal mic. There were a few spots where I thought I heard some slight distortion. Could be tube saturation on the pre-amp or some other kind of limiting. A few examples:

Bill

Thanks Bill for the input. I will look at my raw version and see where the audio was in the red. I worked most on the picking track levels. I don't remember even examining the voice audio from start to finish. I will watch that.

Bill

Morning Bill,

I got a chance to listen to the audio more carefully this morning. It sounds like the audio tapped out at the markers you mentioned. Thanks again for taking the time to make those observations and give feedback.

Morning Bill,

I got a chance to listen to the audio more carefully this morning. It sounds like the audio tapped out at the markers you mentioned. Thanks again for taking the time to make those observations and give feedback.

Gary, I'm glad it wasn't just my imagination....but that is another song all together.....

Bill

Top Bottom