Uke stuff in Seattle?

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
Well, even though I am originally from Seattle, it's been a few years since I've been back for a visit. Any fun uke stuff going on mid to late January?

Dusty Strings has a bunch of ukes including a Martin 5K if that's your bag (at least they did in Sept.) and they seem to be sort of a clearing house for uke stuff, lots of info on clubs, etc. I might check their web site or give them a call. You might PM unclerod (think that's his user name) who's in Seattle. ciao and enjoy your trip. Try eating at Wild Ginger downtown. g2

Aloha Eric,

We just met for SUPA yesterday, the 8th (Elvis's Birthdate) and practiced Elvis songs for the upcoming NorthWest FolkLife Fest on Memorial Day.

This coming Sat, the 14th is the monthly kanikapila at Kona Kitchen Restaurant with a twist as Hawaii Radio Connection will be broadcasting live from 9-10am. Generally, local Hawaiian musicians gather from 9 to noon to have breakfast and jam together, mostly Hawaiian music.

On the 3rd Sat, the 21st, there's a get together song circle at the Kona Kai Coffee in Kent from 1:30p for a couple of hours. I generally try to make each of these events.

Hope to see you sometime.

keep uke'in',

Along with play alongs (is that redundant?) uncle Rod mentioned, Jake Shimabukuro will be in the Seattle area, if there are tickets left;
Bremerton 1/18/2012
Edmonds 1/19
Tacoma 1/20
then on to Portland the 21st.

http://jakeshimabukuro.com/shows/

Top Bottom