It's started!! My pineapple Mya-Moe

Gmoney

Reaction score
Got the email today! My Concert Pineapple is in progress!

https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=648&submit=Track

I took the plunge when they finally announced pineapples would be added to their standard models & put down a deposit in September for an early 2012 spot. Gonna be great to track its progress & better still when its in my waiting hands!

With a new Donaldson Vintage-S coming my way next week & my Mya-Moe the end of February, my UAS is being more intentionally or carefully "managed"! :)

Can't wait to see the progress. Congratulations!

I'm very interested to see pics of your Donaldson. Brad is working right now on mine---I signed up on his build list last July.

A happy Mya-Moeday is coming to you soon! Love your version of UAS management! :)

Congratulations, that's really exciting! Mine isn't slated to begin until late spring...

Congratulations!

Got the email today! My Concert Pineapple is in progress!

https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=648&submit=Track

I took the plunge when they finally announced pineapples would be added to their standard models & put down a deposit in September for an early 2012 spot. Gonna be great to track its progress & better still when its in my waiting hands!

With a new Donaldson Vintage-S coming my way next week & my Mya-Moe the end of February, my UAS is being more intentionally or carefully "managed"! :)

Very nice looking mango set. It's cool it will be completed on leap day (Feb 29). Seems like a long time in the making (Jan 3- Feb 29).

Exciting times for you uke wise Glenn. Can't wait to hear your take on the sound after you get it.

I am excited for you! My tummy is all a flutter. It is beautiful. And Happy Birthday!!!

Its getting closer...

UPS tracking info:

Code:
2/22/2012 1:52:00 PM IN TRANSIT TO MONTGOMERY, AL US
2/22/2012 1:51:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN MEMPHIS, TN US
2/22/2012 12:38:00 PM ARRIVAL SCAN MEMPHIS, TN US
2/18/2012 3:07:00 AM DEPARTURE SCAN PORTLAND, OR US
2/18/2012 1:34:00 AM LOCATION SCAN PORTLAND, OR US
2/18/2012 1:17:00 AM UNLOAD SCAN PORTLAND, OR US
2/18/2012 12:33:00 AM ARRIVAL SCAN PORTLAND, OR US
2/17/2012 8:30:00 PM DEPARTURE SCAN THE DALLES, OR US
2/17/2012 7:03:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN THE DALLES, OR US
2/17/2012 8:38:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED  US

Its not supposed to be delivered to my house until Friday the 24th, but "as the crow flies" or even as the highways are routed, it pretty much has to PASS close to my house in N. Alabama to get to Montgomery, AL way south of me! I've got to add up all the miles this uke has traveled to get to me.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
Aloha Glenn,
Congrats on your new uke(s). Oh, and a Happy Belated Birthday or in Hawaiian, Hau'ole la Hanau..................BO.........

I think that checking the daily shipping updates while the ukulele is being shipped may be more stressful than checking Shop Tracker every day while the ukulele is being built. I hope it gets there on time (or even early) and in great shape!

Belated Happy Birthday Greetings Glenn....and congrats on the new uke.....hoping to see pictures of your MM uke too...let us know how it goes...Happy Strummings and Have Fun and enjoy...

Last edited:
Nice looking wood.

Quick question: Which one or two ukes in your signature do you find yourself picking up most often???

Nice looking wood.

Quick question: Which one or two ukes in your signature do you find yourself picking up most often???

I usually travel w/one of my long-neck soprano's, so on the road it is whichever I have with me - KoAloha long-neck Pineapple, G-String, or lately the Donaldson. At home, I might grab either the Kala "Mighty Uke" as it hangs by my computer monitor or the Mainland Chili or Dolphin as they are "at hand" as well.

The NEW Mya-Moe will be riding w/me for the forseeable future, so it will quickly become my "go-to" uke.

All of the solid ukes spend the winter in cases w/humidifiers but they usually all get played a bit every weekend while I'm watering them!

It's HERE! UPS beat me home so I unboxed it a few minutes ago, tuned it & played it for a few minutes. Pictures attached, sounds later...

WP_000600.jpgWP_000601.jpgWP_000602.jpgWP_000603.jpg

Note the GREAT hard-shell case! When Mya-Moe first started making Pineapple's, they didn't have a case for them, so they had custom cases made for theirs. It's pretty similar to the great Ko'Olau cases (& may be). Fits like a glove & protects my "precious"!

Color me... Happy! :smileybounce:

Top Bottom