DaSilva Ukulele

Ukukachoo

Reaction score
I just received my first DaSilva ukulele. This is the finest ukulele I have ever put my hands on! The look,finish,feel,lightness, sound have no equal. I own many custom build and vintage ukes. This is by far the sweetest uke around. If your in the market for a custom uke,Mike is the man to build you one. Mine is perfect. I couldn't be happier!

Have drooled over his website many times. x3 on the pic/info request.

Brah!

Why did you post? You're so vague ... not posting pictures ... no video clip ... what tone woods is your uke made of ... you don't even tell us what size your uke is. C'mon Brah, you can do mo bettah than that!

Just sayin' Brah.

Last edited:
No reason to double post so I merged the replies with your first thread. If you do a review of the instrument, here are some simple guidelines to follow.

I'm sorry. I would have to have my son post the pics. I can't do it. If you look at his instrument gallery, mine is similar to #220. It is darker with more contrast than the photo. Mine also has a cocobolo headstock which is beautiful. When Mike updates the pictures mine will be # 260. The wait time was longer than usual because of Mikes almost move to Hawaii. It was about 8 months. Well worth the wait! I'm not going to bash any other builders. I will just say this the first time I ever ever received a custom uke that was perfect. The first time I wasn't disappointed in one aspect of the build. I have had quite a few custom builds through the years. This one is the best. The fit and finish and sound are unbelievable! I ordered it never having seen or held a DaSilva in person. I fell in love with the look and quality of DaSilvas from photos and YouTube. Mike is a very nice person to deal with as well. He is very busy. Just be persistent. Call if you have to. You will get him in the shop sometime. Below is a link to pictures of the uke.

Last edited:
Did you spend about $5000 on it like Taylor wants for their uke?

I kid ... I kid ...

THIS THE LINK TO PHOTOS OF MY UKE.
Link doesn't work for me. Congrats on a new uke that's perfect to you. That's what counts. Here's #220. What does the fir top sound like? Is the headstock logo always a tree?
220-CMCustom-1024.jpg

The fir top is loud,great sustain,not twangy, kind of mellow with an attitude. I think a uke has to be loud to sound good played low. My headstock logo is different it's a S with a line thru the top part of the S. Also, the headstock has a veneer of cocobolo rosewood over it. The uke is over all darker than 220 . Damn I wish you could open the link. Even though the photos don't do it justice

Thank you I'm sorry the link won't work. I don't know what else to do. When Mike updates the site it's #260.

Mike's logo tree is from his name, Da Silva, "from the woods".

Mike is a wonderfully talented luthier. The replica of an 1887 Dias soprano he made for me is not only accurate in every detail (koa back and sides, fir top), but is incredibly loud, with a wonderful tone, and superb action.

Top Bottom