Kala concert 'ukulele with aquila strings

hawaiianmusiclover06

Reaction score
Hey everyone... I decided that it was time for me to get a better uke. I am planning to get a Kala concert Spruce 'ukulele model KA-SC with aquila strings, it sounds way better than the ghs strings for $150 including a hard case and book. Does anyone have a input?

Last edited:
I think its a good choice. I like my Kala's quite a bit and even ordered another.

What wood/model are you getting?

Yup, the Aquila strings make mid-range-priced ukes sound much better than with the stock strings. I think you're making a good chhoice. I prefer a tenor because it makes more sound, but a concert is great too dpending on your own preference.

I have a Kala Concert KA-CE from MGM set up with aquilas and it sounds awesome. It's a good choice and well worth the cost imo.

I have two Kala ukes, both tenors with Aquila strings (both purchased from MGM). They are very well made, sound and look beautiful. You will love it.My review comments on Kala are here: www.ianchadwick.com/essays/ukuleles.htm

How do you like the Kala? I just bought one, and it should be here monday. The link below is where I got it from. I called the shop first to see what they suggest, and the owner Michael highly recommended this uke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KALA-KA-SC-solid-sprucetop-Concert-Ukulele-w-case-SETUP_W0QQitemZ230298508784QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230298508784&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A3%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Michael/Mic/Mike/MGM is a member here. If he picked that out for you, chances are, you'll be happy. Kalas are well liked.

Got the Kala today from MGM and it's awesome. Good person to deal with and great uke to play. Now I just need to practice because I think the uke now sounds better than I do...

I was just looking at this uke at El Cerrito Music Works and was thinking of getting it. It's Solid Spruce, huh?

Top Bottom