FS: circa 1930 Gibson UB-1 Banjo-Uke $300<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestPhillyUke

Reaction score
This is a great deal on a great playing vintage banjo-uke (banjolele to some).

These UB-1s are my favorite. I am letting this one go at a steal of a price. It has a couple of issues but it plays and sounds great.

Condition is VG overall, however the laminated veneers on the pot have some cracks and the pot itself is not in perfect condition although it seems to be very solid. The head tension is good and tight and I think with minimal care it should last at least another 80 years. Also, 2 of the little metal spacers that hold the back away from the rim have gone missing. It has the original screws that hold the back on. It shouldn't be to hard to find or make some substitute spacers.

It is all original except for a newer bridge and a brand new set of Aquila banjo-uke strings.

Payment via PayPal, and please add $15 for shipping to the US.

I can post a few pictures tomorrow. [EDIT: OK, adding pics below.]

IMG_0874.jpgIMG_0875.jpgIMG_0876.jpgIMG_0877.jpgIMG_0878.jpg

John

Last edited:
Very interested but would love to see some photos first.

OK, added 5 pics in original post, and 3 more here:

IMG_0879.jpgIMG_0880.jpgIMG_0881.jpg

The pot looks worse in the pics than it really is. I think it's very solid. The head is very tight and I am certain it will last a long, long time.

It plays and sounds great. Oh, and I found a nice vintage bridge in my parts box which sounds great -- one of the feet looks slightly chewed up but no biggie.

John

john@sugarinthegourd.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom