Just got back from Oahu.

Hawkshaw

Reaction score
I just got back from Oahu. Checked out the usual ukulele stores in Honolulu, but made a special trip to the North Shore - Haleiwa - to see the new Hawaiian Music Supply store there. Haleiwa is a small town, about an easy 45 minute drive from Honolulu. The store is easy to find. I had the great pleasure to meet MGM. (By the way, he looks good and says he's doing well.) Anyway, he's a great guy who really knows his stuff. He gave me a very good deal on a tenor ukulele and it was set up perfectly at Hawaiian Music Supply. I'm glad that I waited to get my ukulele there. If this sounds like a commercial for HMS, I guess it is, because I was treated so well, given as much time as I wanted to play, and got a good deal. Thanks again MGM and HMS .

Now I have two great reasons to head to Haleiwa when I visit Oahu next month! Matsumoto's and HMS! ;)

Congrats on the new uke Hawkshaw.

Now I have two great reasons to head to Haleiwa when I visit Oahu next month! Matsumoto's and HMS! ;)

I hear ya there! Mmmmm, shaved ice. So simple and so good. :)

Good to hear MGM is well--I was looking at an old video he did and it was apparent he had a problem from looking at his hands (I have a bkg in medical science) Too young to be ill! Glad he's on the mend. His advice is so helpful- I'm putting a visit to Oahu and HMS on my bucket list.

Top Bottom