Which logo for my website? Feedback welcomed please!

ukulele4kids

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm having a logo designed for my ukulele website ukulele4kids.com a friend of mine has created four draft ideas to consider. It's for a kids site, so I'd like feedback on which one you'd think would be more suitable and memorable for kids. If you have any other ideas or adaptations that might be considered let me know. Thanks in advance. Just click on an image to enlarge them :)
1)u4klogo1.jpg
2)u4klogo2.jpg
3)u4klogo3.jpg
4)u4klogo4.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, a chance to judge something. Whee.

Favorite: (2)
Runner-up: (3)
Anatomically impossible: (4)
Illegible: (1)

But the more I look, the more I'm drawn to (3)---because while (2) is cooler looking, (3) is more legible. Also, your color choice is great.

Best of luck with your site!

Thanks fellow ukers. I asked for the colours to be the primary colours, in keeping with the kids theme. Keep the feedback coming please.

I'm voting for #3

My vote goes to #3.

The others are very nice, but hard to read as a logo. Go with something that you don't have to explain each time.

#3 then 241

Looks like you'll get no consensus. 1 and 2 look like ukuleles and look kid friendly and inviting. 3 looks nice. 4- Uhh, what is it? A chord graph? Kids might not catch that.

#1 or #2 for sure. I think the ukulele is the primary focus, the "U4K" is secondary.

#2. Best blend of letters and instrument. Quite distinctive and recognizable. #3 seems a bit too generic/non-specific to me.

But that's just my thought.

Just my $0.02 is that the #1 requirement for a logo is that it be clear, the second requirement is that it be memorable.

Only 3 and 4 meet the first criteria (and 3 could be mistaken for uyk). Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about 4 because most people aren't going to "get" that it's a play on chord diagrams and those who do are going to go, "uh, you can't do that!." Two is "almost ok" - but if I didn't know that the logo was ukulele for kids I'd never guess it to be u4k - at least not without a LOT of head scratching.

So, my vote would be for #3

My honest 2 cents worth, and I "are" a graphic designer. Not going to pass judgement on any of your contenders, but... based on your focus and your site name you need a kid or kids in the graphic.

I see a childlike "crayon" drawing of a smiling kid or kids portrayed with the logotype. You need a visual metaphor showing kid and ukulele.

Just my honest, meant to be constructive, comment. Best with it!

My take on it when I got my site was to have a 2 part thing.
logo is a the full name, and there is a logo part that I can use on its own.
that was just me.
Honestly not a fan of any of them. not that they are not nice, they just dont work for what you are doing.
I will stew on it and think of some ideas that might actually help. I feel your pain in trying to do this.

Seeing as others have taken the bold, honest move, I'll join in.

While #3 is my favorite, I really don't like any of them. I DO like the advice from both ukeeku and ukemunga above.

I'm appreciating the honest feedback that people are providing me. Please keep it coming. I want my website logo to memorable and inviting for all kids of any age. Cheers

I like number 1 the best, but I'm with the other person, it's hard to see what it says.

also...maybe different colors? I really like the crayon drawing U4K idea.

A cartoon picture of a kid holding a Uke in the air with the "Ukes 4 Kids" written in the primary colors would look nice and simple.

Last edited:
How about 3 crayon kids holding a uke raised in one hand with UKES like a rainbow above and 4 KIDS like a bowl below?

Great suggestions above. I like #1 but I'd like it as "U"kes "4" "K"ids so it could be read.

keep uke'in',

How about something like this? I had little notes on the sheet music/strings under Ukulele, but thought it looked to busy.

ukesm.jpg

Top Bottom