King's Rain, a harp ukulele tribute to John King

ukuleletim

Reaction score
As I continue to explore the harp ukulele more ideas are emerging. Here is my latest effort on my new aNueNue harp ukulele.

The instrument is in a class by itself, I think. At least it is in the way I am approaching it. I really try to make it sound like the harp that it is. It’s about the same size as what I picture an ancient Greek harp to be so I feel like Pythagorus, many hundreds of years ago breaking new ground and making sounds never heard before.

Taking inspiration from John King, Asian sounds, this instrument itself, and the beyond.. I offer King’s Rain. I dedicate this to John as I thought of him continuously while writing it.

In my mind I picture a king in his chamber as it begins to rain outside. I will let your mind picture what it wants. Of course there is also a little play on words with the title.

And you know.. if there is a Heaven and there are angels playing harps.. John King is playing a harp ukulele.

Rest John, but keep playing.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch, you guys.. Campbell I'm looking forward to seeing how you grow with the harp.

Although I have commented on my facebook page about this wonderful piece I need to add my praise here Tim - truly transporting. Something I just do not have the compositional skills for... interesting tuning od the sub-bass too :)

Harp ukulele continues to amaze me. This piece really does bring out the characteristics of the instrument. Wow is right.

Aye, very nice. I still think the instrument loves like it's off a sci-fi set, not saying that's a bad thing, but to me I get images of some Zignol playing it to captain Kirk whilst he seduces a Yapnick women over harve wine whilst green water trickles from a brook on the planet Banoch 2.

Tranquil, that's the word I'm looking for and tranquillity is always beautiful, so well done sir.

Top Bottom