DIY fluke questions- anybody ever opened one up?

Spats McGee

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking on the forum for a while and have made a couple makeshift instruments over the last few years. The last one was a banjolele that i decided to upgrade in my mind from a "failure" to a "learning experience". My next project is going to be a sort of fluke type thing, but I realized I don't really know how they're constructed. I'm going to borrow a friend's and look around in there with a mirror and a flashlight, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew more about how they were put together and braced and all that, and particularly how the neck attaches. Thanks in advance for any insight.

I tried looking for something like that and came up empty handed. Perhaps someone has a better lead or some better keywords to search because that would be perfect.

I definitely remember a video tour of their factory... seems like I saw that on UU not long after I joined...

Shoot... I just found the thread with the link to the original YouTube video, but the video "has been removed by the user".

Top Bottom