Dominator Spruce Top Tenor

Dominator

Reaction score
I just uploaded a video of my new spruce top tenor. I'm really pleased with its performance and just know it is going to sound better and better with time.

Also, tried to demonstrate quickly how to strum through the basic chord changes to Gently Weeps for upskydowncloud. Not sure if this is going to help him or not but I tried.

The video is still processing so I don't know how long it will take before it goes live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3hVkyXzObM

Darn, I'm a little too quick. It's still processing. LOL
Your new uke looks amazing, by the way.

Edit: It works! It works!

Last edited:
Whew, not only is she pretty but sounds amazing too. Does she/he have a name yet?

masterpiece.. i like ther D heaps!!
soo good...

Dom seriously, when (and by saying when i mean if and probably 10years from now) i get enough money, i will buy one off you...

sounds great..

Wow... :drool: :drool: ;)

Beautiful Uke and beautiful playing. Thanks for sharing. I showed this to one of my J's and he said that's a big head... He meant the on the Uke of course! Seriously, though, the head does look a little large. I don't have a tenor to compare with so I was wondering is that the normal size?

Wow... :drool: :drool: ;)I showed this to one of my J's and he said that's a big head... He meant the on the Uke of course! Seriously, though, the head does look a little large. I don't have a tenor to compare with so I was wondering is that the normal size?

What is normal?? I have always dug the slotted HS on Jake's Kamaka but thought it was too big. I checked measurements on a Ko`olau tenor, a King tenor and a Glyph and then used bits from each. I think the HS on mine is a fair bit smaller than Jake's. It is only ever so slightly heavier than a normal HS and part of that is the thicker neck I purposley put on this one to see if it helps with my carpal tunnel issues.

Here is a hi-res pic of Jake's HS.
jake_hs_2.jpg

Hi Dom, Your spruce top looks and sounds really nice!! Love it! Looks like a tenor version of the King LS concert I have. Been behind on so many things, but I'll get what we discussed about in the mail very soon.. I haven't forgotten. sorry bout that..:eek:

I just watched the vid again.. that is really a nice uke. Great Job!
icon14.gif

Hi Dom, Your spruce top looks and sounds really nice!! Love it! Looks like a tenor version of the King LS concert I have. Been behind on so many things, but I'll get what we discussed about in the mail very soon.. I haven't forgotten. sorry bout that..:eek:

Wow! Joel, that is a beautiful uke. William King has been an influence on me as well as Dave Means, Pete and others.

No problem about the package. I will keep my eye out for it.

Top Bottom