The Wait Is Killing Me

tnfishdaddy

Reaction score
Ordered a new uke from Hawaiian Music Supply last Tuesday. It is killing me having to wait on this thing.:) I don't have a lot of patience. I did not ask but has anyone ordered from HMS before? If so, how long did it take? Someone send me some patience.

Aloha fishdaddy,

HMS is one of the premier uke retailers that rate high with fellow UU Members ... + they include a professional setup with their ukes, too! I would venture to say that it would take a few days. You could call or e-mail them and ask for the method of delivery and the tracking #.

Waiting for a new uke to arrive is always the hardest part of buying over the internet.

What uke did you buy?

Ordered a Pono MT. Not worried. I don't want to bother them with emails since I sent so many asking questions before the purchase. I thought they might send an email with tracking number and when I didn't get one after a couple of days, I figured they didn't do that. Its all good. Just impatient.:)

I never ordered anything from Hawaii Music Supply hahaha so I can't help you on that, however it shouldn't take that long. I ordered a special Kamaka Concert long-neck directly from the factory, and waited about 5 weeks when I was told 3-4 hahaha!! I thought about that uke everyday, and thought about what it would look, sound, and play like :) It is hard to wait, but trust me, I know how it feels. I think the more you wait, the more meaningful it will be knowing that you can treasure your instrument for years to come once it arrives!!! Hope that helped ease the wait knowing that other people go through the same thing haha I myself do not have much patience at all :p

Just got an email from HMS. They sent me a tracking number. Good news, I know it is suppose to be delivered next Monday. The bad news, is that the school I teach at is out for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I had the uke delivered to school so it would not be left out in the weather. Dang it, now I have to wait another day. Wonder if it is possible to get hold of UPS and have it rerouted?

Just got an email from HMS. They sent me a tracking number. Good news, I know it is suppose to be delivered next Monday. The bad news, is that the school I teach at is out for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I had the uke delivered to school so it would not be left out in the weather. Dang it, now I have to wait another day. Wonder if it is possible to get hold of UPS and have it rerouted?
Depending on which service they used at UPS you should be able to. I believe you can even re-rout on their webpage.

It's possible to have UPS deliver the parcel to a UPS Store (an intown retail shipping/copy shop, not the delivery warehouse) and you can pick it up there. We did it once recently so that our uke wouldn't be left outside. It worked fine.

Using your tracking number to get into your shipping info, see if you can alter the destination there. Otherwise, call your local UPS warehouse for info how to do it.

I always have my ukulele purchases sent to the local UPS Customer Center for "Customer Pickup". It keeps the instruments off the trucks and you don't have to sit around all day waiting for the UPS truck to come.

I had UPS reroute a uke delivery once for the exact same reason and it took like three additional days. I'd just wait on it if I were you.

I ordered a new uke from HMS back in December, and it took exactly seven days for it to arrive at my house in Nashville. It was a long week, but it was the worth the wait. The instrument arrived via UPS in perfect condition, nicely set up, and ready to play. The folks at HMS are great, and I'll probably order from them again. Dang ukuleles are like crack cocaine: one is too many and a thousand are never enough! :)

Top Bottom