Kamoa E3 Line

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
I've seen the E3 line show up online in a few places. Solid spruce top with solid maple back and sides. Considering a pineapple. Anyone play any of the line?

No, but have my eye on that grand concert with the natural finish! Would love to hear it.

A guy in my meetup group has an all laminate Kamoa and it sounds great! Quality looking uke. Low price makes it a steal! Can't see why all solid ones won't be an equally good deal.

Last edited:
I was wondering about this line of ukes too, nobody here ever touched or played one?

I had promised myself that when I sold my 12-string, I'd use the money to buy a ukulele. I sold the 12-string on Friday and ordered the Kamoa E3 Pineapple today from MacNichols Guitar. I'll report back once it's received and
checked out after a few days of playing.

Received my Kamoa E3 pineapple in yesterday's mail. Purchased online from MacNichol Guitars after a few back and forths on color specs. I've attached a couple of photos provided by Michael of MacNichols prior to purchase. The minor issue came down to terminology. The Kamoa site stated a choice of 3 colors: Red, Brown and Gold. MacNichols and another online retailer used the term 'Yellow' while the other retailer stated there was a difference between the 'Gold' and the 'Yellow'. I wanted the one that provided the most natural looking finish having owned a couple of spruce/maple guitars. Michael's photos provided the info I needed and I pulled the trigger. It was shipped with Low-G Aguila Bionylons which I immediately switched out for Worth Low-G Medium Browns since deciding I like the feel and sound of an unwound Low-G string. I'll provide a more indepth review in the 'Review' section once the strings settle in and I have a chance to play it for a while. My initial overall impressions are positive.

Attachments

• Kamoa2.jpg
    Kamoa2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Kamoa1.jpg
    Kamoa1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Kamoa3.jpg
    Kamoa3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
nice looking uke, ebony fretboard and bridge? Can't wait for the review. I'm most anxious about the build quality and sound.

One additional note. The body is a bit deeper than my Mainland or Makai and as result will not fit in my recently purchased Stagg soprano case. It does fit it the Ohana Pineapple case I purchased with my Mainland.

Top Bottom