Audio history of the Ukulele throughout the Pacific Islands

ukulele4kids

Reaction score
Hi All, last month on my website ukulele4kids.com I advertised Radio New Zealand's broadcast of a history of the Ukulele throughout the Pacific Islands. Unfortunately you can't access it via their website any longer. However, I do have a copy, small in size to email to anyone who's interested. It's in a uncommon file format '.asx', but can be played on a number of media players. I know it works on the program VLC. If you're interested visit my site where you'll find my email address. Can't promise it will work with your computer, but worth a try as it's very informative. Cheers

WARNING - technophobe alert!

Love to hear it, but... an "ASX" file is really nothing more than an XML text file which "points to" the actual media file that contains the actual video/audio content, which may be a similar file with an "ASF" extens. If you open the ASX file in Notepad or other text file editor, it will look something like this:

<ASX version="3">
<Entry>
<ref href="videofilename.asf" />
</Entry>
</ASX>

The actual video file in this instance is the one named by the "ref href" entry.

IF you have both the ASX & and the video file referenced as above in the same folder, it will probably play as if it was just the ASX that made it all work, but w/o whatever file is pointed to in the ASX file, it may not.

Hi all, feedback I've had so far for those that have been sent the files is that they work fine when played in Windows Media Player too. The file when clicked on streams the radio broadcast to your player. You can save the broadcast as an MP3 in the VLC program too. Cheers

this sounds very interesting, nice website too.

It is, note the feedback I've had so far for those that have been sent the files is that they work fine when played in Windows Media Player too. The file when clicked on streams the radio broadcast to your player. You can save the broadcast as an MP3 in the VLC program too. I'm glad you like my website, a work in progress, currently working on its facelift at the moment. Cheers

Top Bottom