FS: Kanile'a Islander MST-4 with Stagg Case<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

efiscella

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Sold...... Sold....... Sold....... Thank You.

Here is another in my collection that is up for sale before I thought it would be. There is an offer for me to purchase a desired Kanile'a Super Tenor and I need funds to pay for the new purchase. (I am also selling a Pono MSD). For sale is an Islander Solid Mahogany MST-4 tenor made by Kanile'a. I purchased this in October 2011. It comes set up from HMS. I have switched out the Aquilla Strings for premium Low- G stings (I can however put on High G Aquilla's if you prefer). It also comes with a Stagg hard case. This instrument sounds fabulous with the classic Kanile'a tone. There are no scratches, no dings, no marks at all. it is in pristine, new condition.

All of my ukulele's are precious to me and I keep them in the best of conditions. All have great cases, oasis humidifiers, stands for when I play them. You can be sure that this ukulele too is in like new condition. Since these ukulele's are so hard to find and this is like brand new I am asking $250 plus paypal and shipping fees for the Ukulele and case.
This is one great tenor.

photo-11.jpg
photo-8.jpg
photo-9.JPG
photo-10.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent decision going with a Kanile'a Tenor. They have a sweet mellow sound and they play like a dream.

I have to say I have a little seller's remorse. But I will get another KoAloha Concert before it is all said and done. It is a fine Uke.

I have to say I have a little seller's remorse. But I will get another KoAloha Concert before it is all said and done. It is a fine Uke.
The buyers remorse happened to me. I sold and Islander soprano and regretted it as soon as I did, however, the answer was to just buy another one. I did not buy another soprano, but I bought this islander. We'll see how I feel about this one being sold.

"made by Kanile'a"
Just a nit-picking, but important point:
This is IMPORTED by Kanile'a

Just a nit-picking, but important point:
This is IMPORTED by Kanile'a
True. It's also important to point out that the folks at Kanile'a inspect each Islander before they're sent on to retailers. That is very different than a load of Kala ukes being drop-shipped directly to some big box music store from the factory in Asia. That retailer then ships the uke out without even looking at the uke.

Although I believe the first point of contact for any service or warranty issues should be the retailer you purchase the uke from, I'd be willing to bet a laminate Islander that the folks at Kanile'a/Islander (same people, address & phone#) would make sure any issues are resolved if the retailer drops the ball.

True. It's also important to point out that the folks at Kanile'a inspect each Islander before they're sent on to retailers. That is very different than a load of Kala ukes being drop-shipped directly to some big box music store from the factory in Asia. That retailer then ships the uke out without even looking at the uke.

Although I believe the first point of contact for any service or warranty issues should be the retailer you purchase the uke from, I'd be willing to bet a laminate Islander that the folks at Kanile'a/Islander (same people, address & phone#) would make sure any issues are resolved if the retailer drops the ball.
Thanks Drew-- and yes, in speaking with Joe Souza this past summer, he told that he was very proud of the quality control they have with the Islanders. I just received the Kanile'a super tenor today (the reason I am selling this Islander), and although there is a difference in size, and wood, and the bracing system, upon careful comparison, I am even more impressed with the quality, craftsmanship, and sound of the Islander. So much so that I am thinking of keeping this one and stringing it with a high G and stringing the Super Tenor with a low G. Still up in the air on that one.

Is this still for sale? I will PM you an offer.

Thanks, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom