Atmospheric/mood Songs?

happa95

Reaction score
Okay. Here's the situation:

Say you're in a lovely state park with few people around (or a beach, you choose) and you're with a close friend. It doesn't have to be a love interest, but it's someone you love to be around. Now, you have your ukulele and you want to just sit back and play something quiet while you two absorb the moment. No singing, just nice, mellow picking or maybe strumming to provide a bit of a "musical wallpaper."

What song(s) would YOU choose to play?

I have a collection of Baroque lute tunes tabbed for the ukulele, not hard to play, very soft and pretty on the uke. Not your usual music. I also like a lot of Hawaiian tunes that are tabbed--you get that Island relaxing feeling. What IS it about Hawaiian music?

I'm a sucker for the old jazz era standards and tin pan alley stuff...'by the light of the silvery moon'; 'blue moon'; 'over the rainbow'; 'peg 'o my heart'; 'rosetta'; 'edelweiss'; 'keep smiling at trouble';'when you wish upon a star' etc etc all come to mind. I enjoy listening to those lilting Hawaiian melodies too but am not able to play them very well. Or what about some classical pieces in the John King tradition, or some Lyle Ritz / Ian Whitcomb style jazz...yummy!!!!

Need to give a lil shout out to Dr Bekken and John Bianchi here...I'd go anywhere to hear those guys play in that kind of setting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom