Jake on CNN

Thanks for sharing.....

BTW,......didn't it drive you crazy with all the page flipping interuptions on this video! Also wish they had featured Jake playing a complete piece. They missed a prime opportunity there. Maybe next time.......

This video is a tease for the full segment to be broadcast this coming Sunday at 2 pm Eastern. Hopefully they'll show him play at least one complete piece on that show.

Awesome clip. nice tease.

Did you know that PBS is doing a documentary on Jake? he talked about it at the concert I went to last december. Can't wait!

Idk if anyone else noticed it, but at the very end of the vid they showed a pic of Jake's uke, and did anyone notice that the saddle is abnormally large/high? Wouldn't that make the action higher? I would think he prefers a lower action since he plays that uke so much lol :p idk that's just me, but cool vid thanks for sharing!!

...did anyone notice that the saddle is abnormally large/high? Wouldn't that make the action higher? I would think he prefers a lower action since he plays that uke so much.
He strums pretty hard, so he can't have the action too low. I'm sure he has the action height perfectly honed to his style of play.
Jake_Shimabukuro_Credit_Hisashi_Uchida_03.jpg

He strums pretty hard, so he can't have the action too low. I'm sure he has the action height perfectly honed to his style of play.
Jake_Shimabukuro_Credit_Hisashi_Uchida_03.jpg

Your right, his uke is set up perfectly to his specifications, I just didn't notice that before lol and the action on my Kamaka HF-3 is pretty low, and I strum pretty hard with no problems hahahaha ;)

Idk if anyone else noticed it, but at the very end of the vid they showed a pic of Jake's uke, and did anyone notice that the saddle is abnormally large/high? Wouldn't that make the action higher? I would think he prefers a lower action since he plays that uke so much lol :p idk that's just me, but cool vid thanks for sharing!!

All that shredding would need a bit of room so he wouldn't get a buzz. People usually choose the lowest action they can play without buzzing. I hear he uses high tension strings too. That probably gives a more punchy sound. Not exactly a set-up for comfort.

–Lori

Top Bottom