Matt Dahlberg mentioned in NYT article

Drew Bear

Reaction score
Video is also creating new opportunities for tech-savvy teachers to build a business in this struggling economy. This year, after Matt Dahlberg, 22, a student at Edmonds Community College known as the Jumping Flea, graduates, he hopes he will be able to support himself and his fiancée, a nursing student, mostly by teaching ukulele via Skype.

“I’m constantly turning people down, because I can’t give as many lessons as I’d like to give because I’m still in school,” said Mr. Dahlberg, whose nickname is the literal translation of ukulele, a Hawaiian word.

He has 18 students, ranging in age from 6 to 50-something, including Karen Siebert, 57, a software developer from Cedar Grove, N.J., who discovered Mr. Dahlberg on YouTube, where thousands of people have viewed his videos, including his cover of Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer.”

“He’s a baby, but he plays phenomenal,” Ms. Siebert said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/11/u...s-grow-in-popularity.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Well deserved, IMHO. Of course I won't be able to get a lesson with him now...

Nonsense Ronnie. UU'ers are my priority.

I still can't believe this happened. It's really amazing! I can't even tell you guys how excited I am. Without UU I would never have started playing seriously and certainly would have never started teaching! Thank you guys for all of your support.

Nonsense Ronnie. UU'ers are my priority.

I still can't believe this happened. It's really amazing! I can't even tell you guys how excited I am. Without UU I would never have started playing seriously and certainly would have never started teaching! Thank you guys for all of your support.

Hey Matt, are you going to NAMM again this year? Hope to see you there.

Doug

Congrats! I've been teaching via skype as well, and I have to say that it's really exciting to see how many people from all walks of life want to learn the ukulele! Way to go Matt!

Good stuff. Matt Congrats on the Ink from a major newspaper. You are one of the ones that inspires us to get better.

I think everyone knows that Matt is fiercely talented as a player. What you may not know is he does a fantastic job teaching as well. I have been taking lessons the last few months and have learned a lot from him. Congrats Matt!

Top Bottom