Recently got my Kala ASAC-T

Elegant.

Reaction score
I've gotten my Kala Acacia Tenor today!

I ordered the ukulele (and the beginner's package) 29th December 2011 from Hawaii Music Supply and I finally have it here in Sweden! That was a very quick shipping, I expected three weeks. :)

However, here are some pictures:

IMG_20120111_180623.jpgIMG_20120111_181403.jpgIMG_20120111_182018.jpgIMG_20120111_182409.jpgIMG_20120111_182426.jpg

Very nice!

In the beginner's package I also got a book (included a CD), digital clip-on tuner, strap and humidifier! The last two wasn't stated in the description, so that was a nice surprise! Now I'll wait some hours in order to get the wood to adjust to the weather and climate here, and after that I'll tune it many times the first days. :)

Thanks to Drew Bear for helping me! :)

Last edited:
Congrats! I think I read on their site that HMS sends humidifiers with there Ukes now.

Congratulations!!! Beautiful uke! I've always liked the grain on acacia ukes and the slotted headstock is very cool. HMS includes a case humidifier with every solid wood uke. If you're referring to a case strap (instead of a uke strap), I think that also comes with the case. Still, that's a nice package deal and glad to hear you didn't have to wait long for the uke to arrive.

Have fun playing. Remember to give the uke & strings a little time to settle into their new home. In my very limited experience, new ukes seem to sound better after a few days.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, a case strap, is what I've figured. :) I'll have patience and wait some hours before I'm starting to tune and play on it.

How exciting! I think you'll love this uke.

I have a concert acacia by Kala and find it a wonderful instrument to start with.

I've recorded a sound sample from the intro of Postcards From Italy. The microphone is from my headset, so there's not an excellent audio.

What do you think? Should I play some chords and upload here? I think it sounds really nice, although the strings and the wood may not be adapted to its new home after one day yet. It'll probably get better, but it's still great!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMJ1CVI9

Lovely stuff. I have the same uke but notice the bridge is different where the strings are tied is this new?

Lovely stuff. I have the same uke but notice the bridge is different where the strings are tied is this new?

Looks like the eight hole tie bridge. I have the 4hole tie bridge on mine.

I didn't like the sound of Aquila strings on my Kala acacia (both concert and tenor) and went to Worth hard instead. Just my personal preference.

Hmpf, I don't know. This is my first ukulele, so I haven't heard anything about an old model or a new model.

Okay, the first day with this beautiful uke is done. Since I'm a beginner I've started with learning the following chords: C, D7, G7 and G, and I also mixed around with transitioning between these chords. Works fine. I combine this with playing my favourite song, Postcards From Italy, only using tabs to actually here the beauty sound that this uke has. I only have the second part to work on. I guess combining between real learning exercises and some real song playing is the way to go, or do other members here have any different recommendations? :)

I've played repeatedly with this uke for some days now and this ukulele is GREAT. I'm still struggling with learning my first song, I'm nearly there! Just a transition between C and Bbadd9 that isn't smooth enough. At first my fingers could barely play for 30 minutes, but now I can play at least 2 hours before they get sores. :)

I've played repeatedly with this uke for some days now and this ukulele is GREAT. I'm still struggling with learning my first song, I'm nearly there! Just a transition between C and Bbadd9 that isn't smooth enough. At first my fingers could barely play for 30 minutes, but now I can play at least 2 hours before they get sores. :)

Excellent don't over do it if you're getting sores. Its better to stop before then otherwise you may have to stop playing for a few days. It is a wonderful uke what a great first uke too

I assume this is one of those "lost in translation" deals and that your fingers just are sore (adjective), rather than having open sores (noun). That second 's' radically changes the meaning of the root word.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new uke. I've tried several times to access the sound file you posted, but it remains unavailable.

Congratulations on your new ukulele! It's a very pretty one. My second ukulele and first tenor was a Kala solid acacia tenor and I love it to death, even though I've since bought more expensive ukuleles. It sounds like you're learning really fast. Have fun!

Congratulations! What a lovely uke! I have a Kala, also, and am very happy with it. It's solid mahogany, a different sound, but I don't care. Don't be concerned about being slow to learn, you are progressing very well. I am trying to learn Somewhere Over the Rainbow, for 1 year now! It took me 10 months before I could play and sing at the same time...

I assume this is one of those "lost in translation" deals and that your fingers just are sore (adjective), rather than having open sores (noun). That second 's' radically changes the meaning of the root word.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new uke. I've tried several times to access the sound file you posted, but it remains unavailable.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of that. :p Thanks for correcting me, I like when people from USA or GB corrects me since I always want to improve my English grammar and knowledge. :) About the sound file I don't know what the problem is, but I'll probably post another sound sample in a week or so.

Congratulations on your new ukulele! It's a very pretty one. My second ukulele and first tenor was a Kala solid acacia tenor and I love it to death, even though I've since bought more expensive ukuleles. It sounds like you're learning really fast. Have fun!

I'm yet very impressed with this uke. It maybe sounds like I'm learning way to fast but that's probably because I've played one hour per week since October 2011 on my "cheapy" ukulele.

Congratulations! What a lovely uke! I have a Kala, also, and am very happy with it. It's solid mahogany, a different sound, but I don't care. Don't be concerned about being slow to learn, you are progressing very well. I am trying to learn Somewhere Over the Rainbow, for 1 year now! It took me 10 months before I could play and sing at the same time...

Okey, I'm currently struggling with the the transition between C and Bbadd9, I guess I just have to keep practicing. :)

However, thanks everyone! I really enjoy it so far. :)

Last edited:
Hm, I've been so busy with my uke that I forgot my humidifier. What should I do with it? I've read the description on it, but it only tells me how to clean it. Where should I have it? Right now it is in the bag case together with the clip-on tuner.

What kind of humidifier is it? The Oasis ones attach to a plastic thing and suspends itself on the strings, inside the soundhole. If you don't want to use it that way, then just inside the case with the uke.

There are lots of uke players in Sweden!

Top Bottom