I know we loved her first, but she is ready to leave the nest and fly

Waterguy

UU+
Reaction score
For those of you who are not subscribed to Jaaaaaaa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rLn2LNUaXM&feature=g-u&context=G2ff1d01FUAAAAAAAAAA

Like many great uke artists, I first found Julia through this forum. I've bought her music, and seen her live (highly recommended BTW). I've thought from the first time I watched one of her video's that this is someone who may be able to take the uke to an even higher level of of acceptability to the general population as an instrument and not a novelty.

Now she's going on Conan O'Brien as the musical guest, and for some strange reason I feel a bit like a proud parent.

She was loved here first...now it is time for the rest of the world to catch up;)

Wooooooo!

I only caught on last year, but her "Build me up, Buttercup" was the cover that made me actually go out and buy my first uke.

So cool to see how much she's grown -- her new one is fantastic.

Haven't seen much of her lately.....remember her 3 or 4 years ago ..about the time of when I first liked the
Barnkickers...

I got a kick out of this one, at the :33 second point to :35 or so,......a roll of toilet paper appears on the left counter then disappears. Happens a few other times also........

.....wonder what she's trying to say? The song is "Run Around Sue",......or maybe in this case "Got The Runs,.... Sue?" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhMbMdYjXE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

She always has fun with her projects,.....and a pleasure.

Last edited:
julia nunes started me on the long road of ukelele-dom..
2 and 1/2 years ago i stumbled across one of her videos and was wowed by her and her uke!
buttercup was one of my first songs to learn...
my wife and i saw he live last year and chatted with her after, she was nothing but sweet and nice!
i wish her all the success and best wishes! go jaaaaaaa!

I only "found" her a month or two ago, and by then she was alreay very popular. She pushed me over the edge to get a uke, as some have already said. I love her cover of "Do You Believe in Magic", too. Despite her growing popularity, she actually replied to a couple of emails I sent her. I hope she makes the big time and somehow manages to stay sweet.

I'll be watching on the 24th despite a 4am wakeup call the next morning.

Julia is from my hometown! And, as is true with a lot of you, was one of the my main reasons for picking up the uke. Three years ago I had the pleasure of meeting her, seeing her perform live, and having my picture taken with her.

Edit: I've tried three times to attach the photo, but without success. It's in an album on my profile page, but I can't figure out how to bring it here....:(

Top Bottom