How I am supposed to play that?

Vladim

Reaction score
Here's the first string of a Russian song I want to learn to play on my father's birthday.

Chords.png

I'm confused why chords are written in two rows? How should I play the chords? If it helps the comment to the song says you should switch chords right after a "I-like" sign.

As you noticed the chords are given for a guitar. Could you help me to figure out what chords for ukulele are equal to H7+5 and C7+5?

Look to me as if the top row is the intro. H7+5 and H7 are actually B7+5 and B7 (in German notation). B7+5 is played 2332 and C7+5 is played 3443.

I believe C7+5 is 1001.

Not use about H7+5 since Western Music used notes A to G. Would 'H' mean the octave of the root note/key?
Key of 'C' would then be the 2nd position 'C'?

Sorry,

keep uke'in',

The reason I suggested 3443 for C7+5 (rather than 1001) is that this chord would naturally fall to the B7+5 (H7+5) chord somewhere in the song.

Last edited:
My husband learned H as B as well. H is B and B is Bb. Hilarity ensues when he bends to the "no-H" rule to help me, and I use the H-rule to help him. :)

And thus ends my contribution I guess.

Look to me as if the top row is the intro. H7+5 and H7 are actually B7+5 and B7 (in German notation). B7+5 is played 2332 and C7+5 is played 3443.

I love the stuff I learn around here. I've seen the "H" notation on a few chord charts and always figured it was a typo - I always ended up just figuring out what fit from the context of the other chords.

a quick little note: C7+5 means you're augmenting the fifth. Count on your fingers cdefg. g is 5. sharp it. find the g in whatever inversion you're using and sharp it. Ken is right--as usual---that one inversion leads nicely into another. It's called voice leading. A few yrs. ago i didn't know this. Study and practice.

According to the nice chart in the accidentals section at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Note
the "H" is used in Northern Europe instead of "B" and "B" means "Bb", as Plainsong points out. This just keeps getting more interesting every day!

Starting to get the Uke circle of fifths, the C7+5, 1001, and "when does B equal H" ideas jumbled in my head. Will an original song come along? Who knows. :)

Top Bottom