Ukulele, Ashbory Bass, Melodica - Hairless Heart by Genesis

Welcome to UU, that's some nice playing and arranging, kudos, loved the impromptu percussion.

Loved it. I was just aching to hear you suddenly go into "Counting out time"

Loved it. I was just aching to hear you suddenly go into "Counting out time"

Ditto to that. This was such a tease for me because I was just waiting for the progression into the higher tempo.

Very well done. The world needs more Gabriel-era Genesis uke covers. You and Uke4ia ought to get together and pound out the entire Nursery Cryme album.

I already told you how much I like it. If you do a follow-up, I've always suspected Counting Out Time would sound good with a reggae beat.

Very well done. The world needs more Gabriel-era Genesis uke covers. You and Uke4ia ought to get together and pound out the entire Nursery Cryme album.

Nursery Cryme would be hard. But I'd be willing to take a shot at Foxtrot.

The one song on Trespass I'd really like to learn is Visions of Angels. I worked out the a portion of the song a few years ago, but never went back and finished it. I've done this with a bunch of songs, really. I may eventually just do a long medley of all the Genesis bits and pieces.

Thank you everyone for your positive comments.
There are so few Genesis songs that I feel I could do justice on a uke, most of them in the Phil era.
I can't imagine playing anything from Trespass, NC, or Foxtrot.
But perhaps Trick of the Tail.....stay tuned.

It may be hard to find a copy these days, but there was a good book of sheet music that included Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering. It didn't have the instrumental breaks of most songs, though. But these days, you can use Audacity to help out a lot with those. You can slow a song way down without changing the pitch with Audacity, which lets you slow down solos to where you can work out the individual notes.

Top Bottom