pono tuner?

jsigone

Reaction score
Anyone have the new pono tuner that MGM has listed? I guess no more buzzing. I placed my order so should have it in a week or so and test it out.

Haven't tested it out yet, but I have almost the same exact thing minus the new buzz-control. I love it. If the new ones don't buzz, even better!

I figure the new buzz control is worth the extra 3 bucks over the normal unit. When I get it, I'll have to look up how to tune the low G string.

got my tuner today, awesome lile thing. I was way off tune of 2 of the strings. It pretty fast on moderate picking speeds, stumming it doesn't seem to pick up well and fast. No buzzing which is cool. Well spent $25 bucks and uber fast shipping from MGM!!!

stumming it doesn't seem to pick up well and fast.

Are you supposed to tune a chord? I'm not a proficient ukulele player, but it never occurred to me that that's something you would use a tuner for. On guitar, I might adjust a string by ear if the chord sounds off, but a tuner?

Please tell me more

Vincent

I don't think so but some of the chords show up so I'd think that I'm strumming those clean and some don't at all.

For picking this thing is spot on for 1/8 notes and slower.

My tuner is due on Monday with my new ukulele from MGM. Something tells me I have a lot to learn about tuning.

jsigone: do you get instructions with it? I've just been using a tuner to tune up before I start to practice. This tuner sounds serious.

The lil paper that came with it doesn't say much, but states it's only tunes 12 notes, which would explane why some doesn't show. Still pretty cool and sounds alot better now it's in tune.

What uke did you go with? He has sooo many to pick from HAHA

The lil paper that came with it doesn't say much, but states it's only tunes 12 notes, which would explane why some doesn't show. Still pretty cool and sounds alot better now it's in tune.

What uke did you go with? He has sooo many to pick from HAHA

There are only 12 notes in western music.

A, A#, B, C, C# D, D#, E, F, F# G, G#.

Also, you don't tune chords. You should just tune the individual strings.

Top Bottom