GRETSCH SOPRANO ukulele FS<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
vintage Gretsch solid mahogany soprano
top back and sides are in vg shape. 2 tiny cracks around soundhole, one tiny [less than 1/4", right on seam.
this uke has had a bad accident , and though completely healed, the back has a nasty scar. It has been cleated and is stable, but UGLY.The back has also been poorly stained. The another cosmetic defect is it looks like the bridge has been reglued, as there is some glue squeeze out at the bottom of bridge. bridge is secure and there is no lifting.
IMHO these Gretsch ukes are very underrated, and if you stuck another decal on would be worth a lot more. It sounds [and looks]very much like a Martin 0.

Selling because my vintage Regal soprano is arriving shortly. be gentile Fed EX!

Selling for $115 + 10 shipping COUS, that's probably 1/2 of what one without the back damage would go for. sounds and plays the same, just never look at the back, haha.

no case, I know how to pack.

sorry for no UU pict, I forgot and will get to it asap, also with a sound sample.

GRETSCH001.jpg

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/GRETSCH/

Last edited:
ok, I just bought another uke. I need to move this. $100 shipped. you won't find a better sounding solid mahog for this price. guaranteed.

That's an incredible price, even for an ugly gretsch, these ukes are greatly undervalued and have that classic vintage mahogany sound. I have three myself otherwise I'd buy it, but if I do anything it will be keeping to my new years resolution to deaccession ukes <g>. Ugly ukes need love too.

That's an incredible price, even for an ugly gretsch, these ukes are greatly undervalued and have that classic vintage mahogany sound. I have three myself otherwise I'd buy it, but if I do anything it will be keeping to my new years resolution to deaccession ukes <g>. Ugly ukes need love too.
three is such an odd number, you need another one to even things out!

Haha, remember my new year's resolution. Yes even numbers are good which is why I'm selling my 30's gretsch to get down to two. Gretsch's really are the perfect starter uke for someone wanting to get into vintage ukes. Good luck Strum, g2

sent you a pm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom