New Concert Scale Uke - Macadamia Wood - Black Bear Uke<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD, thanks!

This is a new concert size uke made of Macadamia wood for the body. This wood works
and has about the same sound properties as Honduran mahogany. The gain pattern has a
delicate shimmering look to it and is very unique. The top binding is rosewood. The
top purfling and sound hole rosette are a w/b combination of wood strips. The neck
is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. This Mango has nice color and some very
small worm holes from years past, and is a bit harder than Mahogany. There are 12
frets to the body, 18 total. Frets are slightly larger than small uke frets making
playing easy and smooth. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Abalone curved diamond
fret markers with white side dots. Bone nut and saddle. Grover brand friction tuners
with new smaller round cream-colored plastic knobs. These knobs allow for more
finger room and look more uke friendly. Abalone into ebony logo inlay. Satin
nitro-lacquer finish. 15" playing scale. Worth brand BM strings. Low easy playing
action and a very full rich mellow sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed.
Limited lifetime warranty to the original owner. No case but I will double box for
safe shipping. Made in the USA. $35 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by
money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more
information. Thanks for looking.

$750

Attachments

• Concert uke 2012-01-11a.jpg
    Concert uke 2012-01-11a.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Concert uke 2012 -01-11b.jpg
    Concert uke 2012 -01-11b.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Concert uke 2012-01-11c.jpg
    Concert uke 2012-01-11c.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Concert uke 2012-01-11d.jpg
    Concert uke 2012-01-11d.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Concert uke 2012-01-11e.jpg
    Concert uke 2012-01-11e.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Oh my. Would love to hear a sound sample on that one. Very nice.

Thanks for the reply's. I don't have the equipment to do a sound sample, but as I stated in the info the sound is very, very close to Honduran mahogany, nice and mellow. Hope to offer more in the future.

I have only heard about Hawaiian Macadamia nuts. Is Macadamia wood only found in Hawaii?

I don't know if all Macadamia wood comes from Hawaii, but the Koa, Macadamia and Mango that I have is from there.

wow that's a stunning ukulele Duane. Will be very interested to hear how it sounds. Superb craftsmanship mate, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom