New UKE Day! Donaldson Vintage-S

Gmoney

Reaction score
It's here, it's here, the new phone books are here.... Wait a minute, that's not what this is?!?

WP_000360.jpgWP_000363.jpgWP_000364.jpg

May I introduce you to a Brad Donaldson "Vintage-S"!

Be right back ... need to tune it... more photos later....

Thank you, Mr. Donaldson, what a beautiful ukulele!

Last edited:
Looks great.

Last edited:
Aloha Glenn,
Congrats on the new uke. Looks awesome, heard a lot of good things about Brad.
Enjoy................................BO..........................

Welcome to the Donaldson family, Glenn! His vintage body design is my favorite of them all...I guess that's why I own one!

Ahh, a Donaldson! Congratulations! Mine is the best uke in my stable, and I have a Kanile'a Deluxe tenor and a white label Kamaka concert, and a Halekoa soprano. :cool:

oh wow Glenn!!! That is a stunner. So elegant. I've turned green mate, enjoy her and congrats on a brilliant choice of style and builder. :)

Okay, the ukulele is beautiful. Now for a review and sound sample. Pleeeeeese..... I am on Brad's build list and would love to hear all about your ukulele.

Thought I'd add a few more photos. Certainly a looker & Brad's attention to detail is just stellar. I included the photos of the packaging on the original post because it was so thorough & thoughtful. It was intended to make the trip safely & well protected from even the elements w/the foil-faced rigid foam. Brad gave me an option of a case for this beauty, but I opted not since I have several cases of various makers around the house. Anyway... here's some more eye-candy.

WP_000366.jpgWP_000368.jpgWP_000369.jpgWP_000370.jpgWP_000374.jpg

The narrow waist is so very sexy. Simple and elegant. I look forward to sound samples. A lot. It looks like such a player's instrument.

(also in Mr. Donaldson's queue for something special towards summer and trying very hard not to think about it too much or the wait will kill me.)

I love that clean headstock. Love the fret markers, those are some nice pieces of abalone.

Just beautiful. I'm a big fan of vintage rope rosettes. Very elegant. Congrats on the new addition. Enjoy!

Wow! Very nice. Understanding that it's brand new, how does it sound and play? Bradford sure does build a beautiful instrument.

Wow! Very nice. Understanding that it's brand new, how does it sound and play? Bradford sure does build a beautiful instrument.

She plays GREAT! Intonation is spot on, its louder than you might expect w/its smaller body, and is light as a feather. Sound samples coming in a bit...

Looks great. I love the "reveal" shots too. I like unboxing them that way too and what a great pack job! Have fun with it!

Top Bottom