Suggest for ukulele designs

not sure exactly what you're getting at macaxx, but there's a few out there to be sure. You could try a pineapple, or a cigar box maybe. There are a few novelty ones made in the design of apples and snails on the 'etsy' website. You can find Flying V shapes as well, Bell shapes etc.

You could also sound out a luthier to custom build you something, and, were you to go in this direction, I'd contact Duane Heilman at Black Bear Ukes who has built some incredible looking sweeties in his time. Check out his gallery pics for some incredible and creative masterpieces...
http://blackbearukuleles.net/listing.html?categoryid=1

not sure exactly what you're getting at macaxx, but there's a few out there to be sure. You could try a pineapple, or a cigar box maybe. There are a few novelty ones made in the design of apples and snails on the 'etsy' website. You can find Flying V shapes as well, Bell shapes etc.

You could also sound out a luthier to custom build you something, and, were you to go in this direction, I'd contact Duane Heilman at Black Bear Ukes who has built some incredible looking sweeties in his time. Check out his gallery pics for some incredible and creative masterpieces...
http://blackbearukuleles.net/listing.html?categoryid=1

thanks for the reply sir :) well my brother suggested to make a design and give it to him so that he'll give it to the shop, and they'll make it.. :) so yeah, i'm just lookin' for nice and cool design for uke.. thanks for the reply sir, i'll check out the website :D

If your brother is talented, perhaps he could develop a harp ukulele. There is one great maker on the market (the Howlett Anuenue design) but I am sure with research, one could find other designs than the Dyer design from 1918 or so that Howlett's magnificent instrument is based on.

The sound of these is extraordinary and they are rare. They take considerable woodworking skill as the side arm for the harp is often hollow with its own soundboard area and soundhole. If you search on the forum, recently one person posted their "King's Rain" composition and it's beautiful.

Of course, if it can be a solid-body electric uke, it can be just about any shape or size imaginable!

Not to mention the selection of woods or plastic or carbon fibre or metal even!

But if it has to be acoustic... see the above. : )

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom