Question for a Friend

mendel

Reaction score
A lady at work came to me yesterday and showed me her father's Ukulele. She asked if I had any idea what it was worth. I told her I would ask the experts and let her know.

Vega Baritone
Solid wood (Mahogany, I think)
Near perfect condition
Plays like a dream.

She does not know the exact age, but says it is at least 50 years old because her father had it when she was a child and she is now in her mid fifties. She believes that it may be closer to 60 or 65 years old. I asked her to take pics and email them to me because I didn't have my phone on me at the time. She has not yet sent them.

Any ideas on value?

A lady at work came to me yesterday and showed me her father's Ukulele. She asked if I had any idea what it was worth. I told her I would ask the experts and let her know.

Vega Baritone
Solid wood (Mahogany, I think)
Near perfect condition
Plays like a dream.

She does not know the exact age, but says it is at least 50 years old because her father had it when she was a child and she is now in her mid fifties. She believes that it may be closer to 60 or 65 years old. I asked her to take pics and email them to me because I didn't have my phone on me at the time. She has not yet sent them.

Any ideas on value?

Tell her priceless, so that she keeps it:)

I already said that. She has no plans to sell it. She really just wants to know an idea of he value for her insurance.

Near perfect condition? I think around $350. Vega made three Arthur Godfrey Baritones. The Standard, The Deluxe, and the Solo-Lute. The Lute is the most rare and worth much more. The headstock usually designates the model. The value between the standard and the Deluxe is fairly negligible.

Also, the sunburst models usually tend to fetch a higher dollar, as well.

Mike

Near perfect condition? I think around $350. Vega made three Arthur Godfrey Baritones. The Standard, The Deluxe, and the Solo-Lute. The Lute is the most rare and worth much more. The headstock usually designates the model. The value between the standard and the Deluxe is fairly negligible.

Also, the sunburst models usually tend to fetch a higher dollar, as well.

Mike

Way better than my answer:)

Top Bottom