Santa Cruz Model 1929 Concert, as new

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
Hi, Sale Pending
A very special, (my favorite) ukulele, made by the world famous guitar makers Santa Cruz from Cal. USA. They finally are making ukuleles and they are special. This one in solid Mahogany with Mahogany bindings top and bottom premium open back geared tuners and Worth Brown strings.
I'm sure Martin Ukes would bow to the superior construction and sound of this model. I purchased it in Sept 2011 new and it is in the same pristine condition. I am selling it to finance my new Compass Rose Tenor almost ready for delivery. I don't expect the Compass Rose to sound any better, I hope it sounds as good, but the tenor neck fits my big hands better than the concert so here goes nothing.
Sold with original unfilled warranty cards , lifetime warranty and lockable hard case. For a special buyer the sale price delivered in Conus is $1350.

Thanks for looking.
Bob Myers

Attachments

• SCcaseUU.jpg
    SCcaseUU.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 209
  • SCFront.jpg
    SCFront.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 218
  • SCSides.jpg
    SCSides.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 170
  • SCBack.jpg
    SCBack.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 154
  • SCHead.jpg
    SCHead.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Hey guys...I know that not many of you have played one of these before. That's because they don't make many. I think it's only like 10 a year. I own one, and let me just say that it is one of the most impressive players on the market today. The responsiveness and the sound are unmatched for a mahogany uke. I doubt that I will ever sell mine and really see no reason to buy another mahogany uke now that I have this one.

The "Santa Cruz" shop is only a few miles from Rick Turner's shop. . . and then there's Bee Hive and Tony Graziano and a whole slew of really fine builders. Weird. Coincidence?

Must be the water....like why NY pizza is so good

The "Santa Cruz" shop is only a few miles from Rick Turner's shop. . . and then there's Bee Hive and Tony Graziano and a whole slew of really fine builders. Weird. Coincidence?

That is a great ukulele!!! I wish for one of those someday too. Too bad funding is tight. Someone will be getting a great player for sure!!!

My best friend has a Santa Cruz guitar, which she's had for about 15 years now. If the uke is anything like the guitar, then I'd walk over hot coals for it.

Absolutely stunning instrument. I'd make you an offer, if I hadn't already placed an order for my Compass Rose, bought an 8-string Kamaka and thrown £500 at my car for a new exhaust & brakes - all in the space of 6 weeks! Erk.

That said, I may scrape around to find some spare credit.

For anyone interested please make offer. Asking price is $1350 OBO. e-mail me @ bobmyers@tampabay.rr.com for a sound sample , no video.
This is a very rare and hard to get on the used market, magnificent instrument that retails for $1700. it is less than 6 months old. and the lifteime warranty papers are sold with uke, unfilled out. For more pics PM me.
Thanks For Looking,
Bob Myers

oh boy. what to do ? What to do??

My Broncos lost. And buying is such good therapy.

Aloha Bob,
If I was you.....I'd wait until the compass rose arrives and play them side to side and keep the best one...Happy Strummings..
@ Frank..oh no...not another one..ha ha I watching and counting....ha ha... breathe frankie..

Sounds reasonable but the wife issue and spending mortgage money on the Compass Rose, I must make a sacrifice and I really want to compare the Compass Rose side by side with another uke made by William King, which I don't have and have not ordered yet, and oh yeah I really want to play a Mia Moe and a Devine and a Moore Bettah, I may take a break when I get my Collins , Kepasa ......... maybe a Graz ??????? Does anyone here understand me?

I probably shouldn't promote something that I'd like to buy, but for those who don't know, Santa Cruz guitars and ukuleles are wonderful instruments. I have a koa SC concert, which is one my best sounding ukes. It is loud and has a sweet sound. The build quality is not surpassed by any other maker. I first bought my SC because I always wanted one of their guitars, but never bought one, so when I started playing the uke, I purchased a SC. You can see and hear my SC on my YouTube channel (link below) no-so-serious video titled "Keep on Smiling Music Video". Good luck on your sale Bob....

sounds like you might be looking for the Holy Grail of ukes. You can stop looking bc it's Moore Bettah. Seriously though, I have played compass rose, william king, moore bettah mya moe, collings, and in my opinion, other than Moore bettah, you're not going to do better than Santa Cruz. This is not in any way criticizing those other amazing ukes. I can certainly imagine that others would disagree, and at this high level, it's all personal preference. But if you're looking for something that's measurably better than the Santa Cruz--something that will obviously be head and shoulders above in terms of quality, especially for a mahogany, you might just end up deciding that the Santa Cruz was the best one of them all. I do, however, understand wanting to try all the greats. I'd still like to get my hands on and try a Dasilva, Devine, Black Bear, Kawika, etc.

Sounds reasonable but the wife issue and spending mortgage money on the Compass Rose, I must make a sacrifice and I really want to compare the Compass Rose side by side with another uke made by William King, which I don't have and have not ordered yet, and oh yeah I really want to play a Mia Moe and a Devine and a Moore Bettah, I may take a break when I get my Collins , Kepasa ......... maybe a Graz ??????? Does anyone here understand me?

Last edited:
Don't mention Black Bear to Bob as he doesn't think they are worth the money based on another thread!! HA HA HA

Really surprised this hasn't sold, I'd have thought it would have flown out.

I'd make you an offer, but my finances are already stretched as it is (and I think alot of people's are too) due to post-Christmas crunch, and I'm not really sure where it would fit into my collection anyway.

A good morning and thank you for your purchase. In will keep thread open until ukulele is in Franks hands.
Bob

nice score brother Frank :)

I figure once my baby boy and wife get moved to my house, most of my beatiful ukes might collect dust. then i think. No, I will sing to my boy until he throws up.

I'll need more ukes each time he throws up on a uke.

I figure once my baby boy and wife get moved to my house, most of my beatiful ukes might collect dust. then i think. No, I will sing to my boy until he throws up.

I'll need more ukes each time he throws up on a uke.

Now that's an angle I haven't tried.

And don't worry, I too thought I wouldn't play as much uke when the baby arrived. Not true. Each night after the nightmare I call "time to go to sleep," I need at least an hour of ukulele to ease the stress.

The big trick was teaching her to bring me a ukulele. Still not ready to trust her with the Kamaka, but soon.

IMG_7096.jpg

Congrats on the acquisition. This afternoon, I just played that model over at Music Emporium. As someone noted, it's as fine sounding as any fine ukulele out there. I really like the neck and playability. Good deal too. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom