Lost & Lonely Aria short scale classical guitar looking for love

Teek

Reaction score
This Aria is going on the Los Angeles Craigslist tonight and this is just a shout out to LA area ukers who might be lusting after two extra strings on a smaller 530mm (21.8 inch) scale guitar and want to come by and check it over, so please don't to chew me out for not posting a sign unless someone here is interested in paying for shipping, then I'll shoot a pic.

The Aria is a PS53, looks like mahogany, the link says "Sapelli" = sapele sides and back with a mahogany neck and solid red cedar top, rosewood fretboard and tie bridge. Has had the action adjusted, has a silky buttery feel to the strings and a nice sparkle when tuned up toward guitalele range, but handles regular guitar tuning just fine. Nice deep round tone. Full size classical width fretboard, but even my arthritic hands can reach across it. Smooth round frets. Made in Spain. It's really only an issue of it not being played. It's always a pleasant surprise when out, but the ukes come first. It's awful being the stepchild watching the other kids have fun while you sit in the corner. Don't ask me how I know.

It lists new at from $799 to $559. I'm starting this out at $400 with the hardshell case that was around $50. PM me if interested in seeing it locally. If you have a 6 string uke you want to rehome let's talk.

ariacase.jpgariatop.jpgariaside.jpgariaback.jpgariarosette.jpg

This is a good deal with the hardshell case. I just acquired an older version of this guitar, and I strung it up with requinto strings tuned ADGCEA. All I can say is "wow"! The sound is incredibly sweet and full. I've been trying to learn to play guitar, and having a short-scale guitar with uke tuning (plus two bass strings) has been really helpful (and fun!).

Thanks for the input, my thoughts exactly, long scale guitalele. ;)

Wow! If I didn't already have a Cordoba Requinto 480 (18.9" scale), I'd be all over this. It looks like a beautiful instrument. That sapelli has a wonderful grain and the rosette is gorgeous. Good luck with your sale!

Thanks for your kind input! :) Holiday bump, out of work so if anyone wants to check it out and make an offer, don't be shy. I also have three vintage sopranos going to eBay that can be examined.

I have to admit that I am more than a little tempted, and am fighting back the urge to take a look at this.

Unfortunately (or, fortunately, as the case may be), the wife and I are very close to closing escrow on a home, so even $400 right now is out of budget.

Ah, well ...

She's still looking, price is $350, any interest? Tax refunds are coming! ;)

Great deal and nice classical...Too bad I'm in OH...

Did you see the part about interested in shipping? I can look up shipping cost, it has a hard case now which it did not have when I bought it, and I have a couple of guitar sized boxes. ;) And I can get a quick shot of a UU sign with the current date and my UN with it.

Top Bottom