Me and Shirley T Cover

RyRod

Reaction score
Finally, after a few months of cleaning it up, I can play it to my liking. It's
not perfect, but it was only the second take and I didn't think that sitting
there any longer and trying again would produce better results.

Thanks
for all the people that put up some kind of tutorial and the videos of Jake's
live versions. I took parts from each one and tried to make it my
own.

Played on the custom Cedar and Walnut Talsma Tenor with Southcoast
medium tension strings.

Really awesome, that fan stroke percussion on the mute was on point. I need to get mine like that.

Brilliant! You definitely made it your own. This is in no way meant as a criticism, but don't you ever feel like cracking a smile when playing this tune? Shoot, if I could play like that, I'd be grinning from ear to ear. :D

Really awesome, that fan stroke percussion on the mute was on point. I need to get mine like that.

Thank's Colin! It's still hard for me to get just right...

Wow, Ryan, that's just killer, man! Incredible playing, just keeps getting better.......

Thanks! I love playing this instrument.

Fantastic work Ryan. You made great strides with this arrangement in a relatively short period. Awesome stuff.

Mahalo, Dom! I threw in some of your improv part and threw some other parts out so I wouldn't be biting Jakes style any more than I had to.

Brilliant! You definitely made it your own. This is in no way meant as a criticism, but don't you ever feel like cracking a smile when playing this tune? Shoot, if I could play like that, I'd be grinning from ear to ear. :D

Ha, thanks. No problemo. I'm smiling inside...This song is difficult, so this was my "concentrating, but still trying to have a pleasant look on my face" face.

That was fantastic, and that uke sounded really sweet, good job Ryan.

Thank you sir! The uke is definitely sounding better every day.

That muted stroke was amazing (the part at the bridge). Do you have a tutorial on how to do that kind of stroke?

That is very impressive stuff. Great playing!

Top Bottom