"Union Maid"

Love that tune - I swear the Ice Cream truck plays a techno distorted version over the PA in the summer..
As a union guy, I should probably try this one too. Love your pick-strum-pick technique with the Woody material. Perfect

Wonderful, Jon.

First off, I have always liked the song - raised in a (once upon a time) Union town, both my wife and I have Union Cards. (Different unions, but Union nonetheless.)

Secondly, you have a wonderful way of understating the song when you sing it - which of course emphasizes everything.

And thirdly, that Mya-Moe resonator is You, brother! No ifs, ands, buts, or maybes. Just wonderful.

-Kurt​

Jon, seems like every video of yours I watch I think 'wow, this is the best one yet' and this one's no exception - just incredible feel, brother. This is just great..... keep em coming......

Jeez man, you piss me off. Everything you put your head to comes out gold. Just start selling that talent so I can good at this already!
Right...this is solid gold mate, I love love love it and I'm sticking to the Union for sure.
Now, give a brother a hand. Piggy bank is full and mya reso is ready to go...you have had two right? I can't figure out what the heck to get- tenor or concert...wood choices... It is all to much. Impart your wisdom my friend.
Oh yeah- thanks for coming back, New year was a bit lonely without some new Eugene Ukulele vids- I missed you something awful.

Jeez man, you piss me off. Everything you put your head to comes out gold. Just start selling that talent so I can good at this already!
Right...this is solid gold mate, I love love love it and I'm sticking to the Union for sure.
Now, give a brother a hand. Piggy bank is full and mya reso is ready to go...you have had two right? I can't figure out what the heck to get- tenor or concert...wood choices... It is all to much. Impart your wisdom my friend.
Oh yeah- thanks for coming back, New year was a bit lonely without some new Eugene Ukulele vids- I missed you something awful.
thanks Dave. :)

re the wood choices, check this clip as a starting point and we could have more of a yak from there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHKF1WuizaA&feature=uploademail

Great stuff Jon! That mya-moe is SSWWEEEET!

cheers peewee, Kurt, Bill, Lefty, vf, Dave, Cap'n, Dave, Spookey and Eric, appreciate it guys!

And thanks for the comments on the reso fellas...was sure a difficult wood choice here...didn't know whether to go for a nice warm wood or a brighter one. Figured that a warmer one would just emphasize the natural features of a reso anyway and so went with walnut...something on the brighter side as I hoped the resonator would mellow the tone a little and that it would sweeten as the wood opened up. When I first played her it did feel a bit harsh but already I have noticed it smoothing out. Chose walnut because I owned a walnut tenor and just loved that uke so much...felt like I knew what I was in for and now, after a few weeks of playing am really happy I did.

Glad to have You back Mate...and Happy 40th mate....he he have a wonderful day and like always...awesome job on the video and song....keep um coming our way...

thanks a bunch Bruddah, it's been a great day thanks. sent this one to Gordon at MM to show him the uke getting some love and he's gone and put it on his sound samples page...wow, very awesome. Hope you good too Stan, cheers for the comment mate!

I went off following links listening to some of your other songs and forgot to come back here and say how much I enjoyed your version.

I went off following links listening to some of your other songs and forgot to come back here and say how much I enjoyed your version.

Much appreciated Geoff, and thankyou very much for the subscription mate, I appreciate it. From someone like you who is a real folky to say that is really encouraging.

Trapped, as I am, in an anti-union state, this means a lot to me. When my first uke arrives in a couple days, I think this will be one of my first efforts. Excellent video.

Jeff Gitchel
Jeff@turtlemoon.org
twitter: Gitchel
thanks a lot Geoff. Nice easy one with just C, F and G7 with a switch to a D7 one time each verse. welcome to the UU mate!

Top Bottom