PDA

View Full Version : "Ain't Misbehavin' (I'm Savin' My Love For You)

Chris Tarman
01-13-2012, 05:08 PM
I've been listening to Leon Redbone a lot this week (including a couple of hours on my iPod while visiting a Nitrous Oxide-induced happy place at the dentist's office... which helped a LOT!). So I decided to jump on the Leon Redbone Bandwagon and record a little video this evening. I've been working on several songs from his first album, but I thought this one was the most fun, and the one I'm having the best luck singing so far. I can't get down into the subterranean range that Leon sings in, and I don't have any "mojo" in my voice, so it is what it is, vocally. I had a lot of fun with the chord changes and the instrumental solo though.

I thought the song was well-suited to my new (to me) Martin Style 3, which is now strung with Worth Browns. I'm really liking them on that particular uke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DEZsMw1Y7c&feature=plcp&context=C37e188eUDOEgsToPDskJDgaAY3D5zRCLraA1_gGRw

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

fitncrafty
01-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Great job Chris. I like the new uke sounds great! Good to see you posting videos again!

Chris Tarman
01-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Thank you! I hope to post more soon.

musiccityuker
01-17-2012, 03:23 AM
I like it Chris. I think I like it just as much as a version Howlin' Hobbit shared using his new Glyph. Very pleasant... nice treatment, man.

Chris Tarman
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank you!