Kalas golden acacia series have landed

MGM

Reaction score
No no pictures or sound samples yet but I should. Have them up by Monday...knowing what the koa laminate solid cedartop series sound like as well as the solid acacia I am looking forward to some great new uke models.....I should have some video and review by Tuesday.

Ooooh, that is great news! I have been wondering about those, and would really like to see your demo. I would love to get a concert size if they sound good. I hope to see one at NAMM, but it is so hard to hear anything at that convention.

–Lori

I'm hoping to get a golden acacia travel tenor (preferably from HMS!) when they come out. Thanks for the heads-up, Michael!

What does the tenor headstock look like in those ? Is it slotted as in solid acacia models ?

They're lovely mike. Its amazing to see on YouTube you look totally different.

Off topic; what is that chord progression you play in the demo?

I'm trying to find one for simple picking practice and yours sounds very pretty.

Looks like C, Cmaj7, C6, then maybe A7. The the camera moves and I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance for the reply! :)

I'm interested in how it will be priced vs. their existing All-Solid Acacia line. This one appears to be a stripped-down version: solid top only (I assume laminate sides & back), no fretboard inlays, no slotted headstock, no fancy rosette & purfling. I know some found the original Solid Acacia too "fancy" so this one might appeal to them especially if it also is noticeably cheaper.

I like, I want... especially the cutaway version. I have to go wipe the drool off my chin now...

I'm interested in how it will be priced vs. their existing All-Solid Acacia line. This one appears to be a stripped-down version: solid top only (I assume laminate sides & back), no fretboard inlays, no slotted headstock, no fancy rosette & purfling. I know some found the original Solid Acacia too "fancy" so this one might appeal to them especially if it also is noticeably cheaper.

According to Kala's website, the MSRP on a solid acacia tenor is $468. The MSRP on a golden acacia tenor is $359. The MSRP differential is $428/$339 for concerts and $398/309 for sopranos. The golden acacia series also includes travel sopranos ($349), concerts ($379) and tenors ($399), and concerts ($419) and cutaway tenors ($479) with electronics, none of which is avalable in the solid acacia series. If street prices for solid acaia ukes are any indication, the street prices for the golden acacia series may be lower than MSRP.

Top Bottom