Ukulele Weekly Podcast Ep 1 is up!!!

Good job, Scott.

I found out about your podcast from an email from Ukeeku, and have subscribed.

The only suggestions I have - since it looks like you're doing a single camera shoot, are:

1) Have that monitor in the back a bit closer to the screen - I was halfway through when I realized that you were bringing up the links you were taking about! and
2) If you have the ability, put the URL links on screen while talking about them, not just in the text below the video. That way, someone seeing the video through a link (as on this site) can get the information, even if they haven't gone to the highlighted link.

Good luck, and keep up the great work!

-Kurt​

Great video Scottie. Have to say, loving your enthusiasm! Looking forward to more of your videos mate :)

hey Scott, this is awesome mate. Love love love the clip and I'll be watching every one of them. I do agree with Kurt's couple of points too, just to make it a little more user-friendly, though I realise you're still in the set up phase. Wish you all the very best with this and all the support in the world. Blessings bro!

Thanks for the Feedback!

Good job, Scott.

I found out about your podcast from an email from Ukeeku, and have subscribed.

The only suggestions I have - since it looks like you're doing a single camera shoot, are:

1) Have that monitor in the back a bit closer to the screen - I was halfway through when I realized that you were bringing up the links you were taking about! and
2) If you have the ability, put the URL links on screen while talking about them, not just in the text below the video. That way, someone seeing the video through a link (as on this site) can get the information, even if they haven't gone to the highlighted link.

Good luck, and keep up the great work!

-Kurt​

Yup I hated the way you couldn't read anything on the monitor. I think instead on the monitor behind me I might try picture in picture next week. Thanks again!!!

hey Scott, this is awesome mate. Love love love the clip and I'll be watching every one of them. I do agree with Kurt's couple of points too, just to make it a little more user-friendly, though I realise you're still in the set up phase. Wish you all the very best with this and all the support in the world. Blessings bro!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm in complete agreement. Graphics need to be better. More on screen info.

Great video Scottie. Have to say, loving your enthusiasm! Looking forward to more of your videos mate :)

Thanks!!! I thought by playing guitar, that moving to ukulele would be a total no brainer. And for the basic chords it is.

But there is a little learning curve. Songs from the Jazz Real Book that I can do in my sleep on guitar I'm having to totally relearn on uke.

But I'm loving the challenge.

Well Done Scott, great to have a weekly podcast on all things uke, i am defo going to subscribe if i can be of any assistance to you at al please let me know, look forward to your next broadcast have a great week , kindest regards Dave :)

Well Done Scott, great to have a weekly podcast on all things uke, i am defo going to subscribe if i can be of any assistance to you at al please let me know, look forward to your next broadcast have a great week , kindest regards Dave :)

I'll take any help I can get. Graphics, Video segments on UK/Australia Uke news. Sky is the limits.

Hi Scott, subscribed and just checked out your web page, you have done a great job, yeah i will try to help you in any way i can, but im not a whizz on the computer front, i will be taking part in the ukes for unicef festival in the uk in march, will try and put a report together for you either written or hopefully a video for you, any chance you can plug this event i can send you some details of it , anyway have a great week i also belong to a locla uke club called Bsus (Bishops stortford Ukulele Society) anyway i will gladly assist you all the best dave :)

Hi Scott, subscribed and just checked out your web page, you have done a great job, yeah i will try to help you in any way i can, but im not a whizz on the computer front, i will be taking part in the ukes for unicef festival in the uk in march, will try and put a report together for you either written or hopefully a video for you, any chance you can plug this event i can send you some details of it , anyway have a great week i also belong to a locla uke club called Bsus (Bishops stortford Ukulele Society) anyway i will gladly assist you all the best dave :)

Yeah I'll mention the festival in next week's show! Even a mp3 file and a bunch of pics would be awesome. I know doing video can be a huge time hog.

Hi Scott
Nice job getting a video out. There is so much to putting one together, that it deters many from trying.
I don't know what kind of computer system you are using, but you might try out some screencasting software. It was hard to see what was on the monitor behind you, and that would add a lot to the presentation. You could edit in a split screen video of yourself, or do a Picture in Picture floating box. If you need any quick-and-easy animated graphics, I have some experience in that area and could provide some templete driven Adobe After Effects type animation. Just let me know what you want it to say... something like "Uke News" or "Upcoming Events" or "Reviews".

Good Luck, and keep them coming.
–Lori

Hi Scott
Nice job getting a video out. There is so much to putting one together, that it deters many from trying.
I don't know what kind of computer system you are using, but you might try out some screencasting software. It was hard to see what was on the monitor behind you, and that would add a lot to the presentation. You could edit in a split screen video of yourself, or do a Picture in Picture floating box. If you need any quick-and-easy animated graphics, I have some experience in that area and could provide some templete driven Adobe After Effects type animation. Just let me know what you want it to say... something like "Uke News" or "Upcoming Events" or "Reviews".

Good Luck, and keep them coming.
–Lori

Thanks Lori!!! I do believe I have a license for soem screen capture software. Need to find it. I agree not seeing the monitor was a major bummer.

Top Bottom