Looking for Info on a vintage Mouna-Loa Uke

Wylde

Reaction score
Hi y'all...I was hoping that someone could tell me some more info on this ukulele I picked up. It is a vintage Mouna-Loa but it appears different then any other Mouna-Loa I can find pictures of.....including the headstock. Am interested in knowing what kind of wood it is and a possible guess as to when it was made and who may have made it? I have more pics here: http://www.ukuzoo.com/detail//510/mouna-loa-unknown-soprano And yes it's a Mouna Loa with an "O".. :)

Thanks for any help!!

Wylde

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thanks for those, but the answer to your question is no. My ukulele is a Mouna Loa.....With an "O"........If you follow the link above in the original post, you can see a shot of the inside label. I would post the pics here but am limited to the 5. I put the pics up at the ukuzoo earlier this week.

Last edited:
Thank you Stan. I am still wondering who made it. Some claim they were made by Lyon and Healy but mine does not have any of the roping they used nor is the wood nyssa that Lyon and Healy used. My local luthier says he thinks the wood on the top is Slab cut spalted Koa but it is not showing the "pitting" that other older koa wood ukes have, and the back he said appears to be possibly maple or Cuban Mahogany. He has not seen it in person, only the pictures so Hopefully I can get to town tomorrow and let him see it up close. I ordered some 1/2 size violin pegs and going to fix them and then string it. Thanks for your help!!

Wylde

Top Bottom