What did we think of Jake on CNN's the "Next list"?

RyRod

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. They discussed the fact that it was once thought of as a toy, but now it's bigger than ever.

I forgot it was on until one of my non-uke playing friends sent me a text that said "some ukulele player is on CNN".

He really enjoyed the whole story.

I think we're taking steps in the right direction.

I just watched Jake on CNN and it was Great!...

Jake, is really getting recognized in the mainstream media these days!...

Awesome! it's a great preview for the PBS documentary that is being done about his life. ;-)

Yeah, we don't get CNN, so thanks for the links! I guess he poo-poo'd the idea of needing science-project-long-nails. :)

Much Mahalo for the links!
I agree on his idea about playing softer -- I used to play clarinet, and practice a softer sound is actually important to every instrument. Like Jake said, everyone can play louder (or strum the uke like no tomorrow -- that's what I translate his words).

Great interview. Thank you so much for posting the links. I really enjoyed it.

Missed the original, thanks for the links. Great interview.

very good interview and a great insight into Jakes life and music thanx for the links and the post

Well, I missed this one and the youtube videos have been taken down. I don't get today's tv/media rights landscape. You can watch almost any crappy TV show on hulu or the respective channel's website now shortly after airing, but CNN wants to keep their "next list" episodes under wraps after initial airing? So stupid.

Well, I missed this one and the youtube videos have been taken down. I don't get today's tv/media rights landscape. You can watch almost any crappy TV show on hulu or the respective channel's website now shortly after airing, but CNN wants to keep their "next list" episodes under wraps after initial airing? So stupid.
I don't know if the vid linked on Jake's site is the full episode, but it's at least 6 min. There might be another commercial before the next segment shows up. I don't blame CNN for wanting to control their own content. Why should Google benefit from ad income for content they did not produce?

http://jakeshimabukuro.com/news/detail/jake_on_cnns_the_next_list/

One of the bummers of success must be getting asked the same questions over and over again.

Because I've seen enough Jake videos to hear the same stories several times now.

I think the CNN piece was done well. But I didn't think it was any more insight into Jake than other things he's done like the TED talk videos.

I'm sure he would so many stories to tell if someone would just ask him an original question.

Cool! thanks for the heads up. I'll set my PVR to start 30min earlier this time!
Unless I misread it, that preview was dated Jan. 10th, so the Sunday they are referring to is long past. I don't know if they re-run that program.

Top Bottom